history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Apr 25 2014 02:43AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day the Buddha was asked by the naked ascetic Kassapa:
-Master Gotama, is suffering created by oneself?
The Buddha replied:
-Not so, Kassapa.
-Then, is suffering created by another?
-Not so, Kassapa.
-Then,... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: CONTEMPLATING DEATH
vertical line Posted on Jan.20.2013 @ 09:58PM EDT by QuantumZen
I find myself thinking of death once in a while. This is an ultimate test of zen-mind for me and as for now, I always fail. I don't fear death, but imagining losing someone is unbearable.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email QuantumZen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.20.2013
10:22PM EDT 
vertical line Well the only thing you can do is stop imagining. Don't punish yourself for what is not happening. You will not even be sure it will happen.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149308
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.21.2013
10:34AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line In Zen, we try to live in the here and now.
When hungry, eat
When sleepy, sleep
When walking, walk
Mindfulness in all things

Contemplating death ... especially of loved ones is not Zen.
I know that clinging to loved ones will cause much pain and suffering
But, I don't stop clinging to love ... so, I believe that ...
When feeling pain, I hurt ... When I am very sad, I cry
That is life. That is truth.
I don't run away and hide from life.
And, I am grateful for the time I have ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149313
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.21.2013
10:36AM EDT 
vertical line Once the ego dies then everything else comes in alive. So that, every sound connects with life, every vibration stems to another into the most minor field of perception, but only the ego would measure size and assign value of one above another. All is within, sound.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149314
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.21.2013
10:39AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Why do some believe that to stop thinking will bring enlightenment
Or why do some believe that the death of the ego will bring enlightenment

The truth is stranger than fiction .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149316
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.21.2013
10:49AM EDT 
vertical line stop

thinking

and

it

becomes

now

the

most

beautiful

light

in

all

the

world

to

see

with

this

just

one

eye

sound

sense

felt

released

attachment

two

too

to

words

vanish

as

does

ego

once

left

alone

to

die

the

end

amen

w
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149317
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.21.2013
11:06PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "In Zen, we try to live in the here and now.
When hungry, eat
When sleepy, sleep
When walking, walk
Mindfulness in all things

Contemplating death ... especially of loved ones is not Zen.
I know that clinging to loved ones will cause much pain and suffering
But, I don't stop clinging to love ... so, I believe that ...
When feeling pain, I hurt ... When I am very sad, I cry
That is life. That is truth.
I don't run away and hide from life.
And, I am grateful for the time I have ... hahaha
"

So why do you laugh... hahahaha..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149334
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.21.2013
11:08PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Why do some believe that to stop thinking will bring enlightenment
Or why do some believe that the death of the ego will bring enlightenment

The truth is stranger than fiction .... hahahaha
"

You don't need to believe. Test it.. do it..prove it if it is true.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149335
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.21.2013
11:10PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "stop

thinking

and

it

becomes

now

the

most

beautiful

light

in

all

the

world

to

see

with

this

just

one

eye

sound

sense

felt

released

attachment

two

too

to

words

vanish

as

does

ego

once

left

alone

to

die

the

end

amen

w
"

So wonderful... isn't it?... LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149336
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.22.2013
01:37AM EDT 
vertical line Contemplating impermanence is not only a "Zen thing" it is a "Buddhist Thing".

There are many misguided, yet honest people here.

If you are serious about Zen, go directly to a Zen Center or Temple.

While I have found the online forums useful, they are filled with people who do not practice. They come up with all sorts of logical rules and ideas. It is necessary to be in the presence of a practicing Sangha and teacher, and to have your own practice, in order to truly learn about Zen.

I do like to come to the forums, I do like to listen in. I see a lot of the things I used to do and believe. I have not seen anyone here who would maliciously mislead, yet, they are misleading.

I have found that Zen in conjunction with another Buddhist path have stabalised my practice.

At my local Zen Center I have taken the History of Zen, a class on Shambhala, A class on the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path, a class on the Basics of Zen Meditation. I attend the Zen Center at least once a week for sitting and I attend the local Shambhala class for sitting and Dharma.

All of these together have put me in contact with very useful information. The Lotus Sutra, the Avantmansak Sutra, the Prajnaparamita Sutra, and much, much more.

Before I studied these things, I thought I had a handle on Zen but it was only an intellectual understanding. Zen is much more delicate like poetry.

There is a lot to learn and unlearn is what I am saying and being in here without proper teachers to clarify, can disrupt your true practice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149339
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.22.2013
03:24AM EDT 
vertical line Just concentrate on what you are doing. Don't mind what other people are doing...lol... don't tell other people to be a copy cat of  you...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149340
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.22.2013
03:25AM EDT 
vertical line And good luck for you.. just don't talk too much...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149341
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.22.2013
06:09AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line to Riverstone, I dont know if you are aware but you are more positive according to a few months ago.I wish you 'good luck and succes' at your work.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149342
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.22.2013
08:30AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line I think it is not very clear that who is talking with who at the forum.:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149343
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.22.2013
09:23AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Contemplating impermanence is a Buddhist thing
But, contemplating the death of loved ones is not
Be careful of your choice of words ... they lead to different ends.

While this is not the place to be debating whether one needs a teacher to have a Zen practice,
I would say that it is better to have a teacher rather than not.
However, if you keep your beginners mind and practice Zazen with right effort
And, right thinking and right living and right .... etc ... hahaha

Everyone here seems to have an idea of what is correct practice
And they post what they believe to be true
It is up to you to look inside yourself and see what it is that is real and true.
Practice helps to do this.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149344
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.22.2013
01:48PM EDT 
vertical line

ping

ping

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149345
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.22.2013
06:33PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Contemplating impermanence is a Buddhist thing

While this is not the place to be debating whether one needs a teacher to have a Zen practice,

It is up to you to look inside yourself and see what it is that is real and true.
"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071105215238/uncyclopedia/images/4/41/Fox_News_Jonestown_Web.jpg
Ooops, how unbuddhistic of me..:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149346
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.22.2013
08:59PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Contemplating impermanence is a Buddhist thing

"

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071105215238/uncyclopedia/images/4/41/Fox_News_Jonestown_Web.jpg
Ooops, how unbuddhistic of me..:)
"

Try figuring out whether you are contemplating death and impermanence or you are contemplating death of loved ones.
Being like a Buddhist or not is your state of mind .... hahaha

This image you present is a sad commentary on the way people are so easily led to their demise.
May you not be so easily fooled.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149348
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.22.2013
10:21PM EDT 
vertical line Why? U like a challenge?

:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149349
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.23.2013
02:21AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Why? U like a challenge?

"
I am sorry if you see me as an adversary.
Please go on with what you want to say
I will listen from the side lines .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149355
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.23.2013
10:50AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line AFTER-DEATH EXISTENCE & BELIEF TO THE BUDDHA
A wandering monk called Vaccha asked the Buddha if the Buddha would still exsist after death. The Buddha replied:
"Vaccha, the idea that I would exist or not exist after death - such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements as though caught by thorns. They bring about anger, delusion, and argument and they do not bring about peace, knowledge, or wisdom leading to enlightenment. I do not take up any of these ideas."

This was here in stories books media section
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149358
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.23.2013
08:27PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Why? U like a challenge?

"
You be sorry thou see me ast an adversary.
hahaha Please go home to your mother and cry!
Kalb ibn Kalb .... lol
Alloh Akbhar!!
Alloh Akbhar!! Alloh Akbhar!!"
"
Yeah, I agree with you principally, if one care, one do not allow someone to harbour ill will towards you. Since it is not good for anyone, especially the one who got to carry the ill will around.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149363
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.24.2013
03:20AM EDT 
vertical line That Guyana thing is very sad indeed. That is a good example of helping others without being able to help yourself. So the result is tragedy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149369
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.24.2013
10:36AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Yeah, I agree with you principally, if one care, one do not allow someone to harbour ill will towards you. Since it is not good for anyone, especially the one who got to carry the ill will around.
"

One can not control how others feel about you.
Whether you harbor any ill will or not is your concern
I just do my best to be pleasant and helpful
It is up to you to choose whether to take any of the suggestions made or discard them.

I guess mocking me like boymonk does ... must be like the best compliment
Deep inside, you know my words ring true ... your ego just doesn't like it .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149370
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.24.2013
07:39PM EDT 
vertical line There, did you not get thrown off this forum?..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149376
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.25.2013
12:20PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "There, did you not get thrown off this forum?.. "

Still here.
Starduster got banned.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149380
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.25.2013
01:28PM EDT 
vertical line Ok, anyway, if you suspect others representations of your past posting is somewhat not 100% correct , then I gotta share my encounter with TechCrunch website yesterday. (Thou I probable woulda posted this story one way or another:))

Just happened to experience real history fraud like ripped from 1984!:)
Found this TechCrunch article claiming with certainty of having the first photos of the rumoured Galaxy note 8.0 in use.

There was two pictures there, and after some study I concluded that these where more probable than not an excellent done Photoshop fraud.

So I posted some comments with detailed explanations of where to look for tell tale sign in both pictures together with my suspicion of how it was made.

Also threw in a few links to two other articles from TechCrunch relating similar stories with different (more suspect) pictures that obviously the writer somehow forgot to mention before finishing off with a picture link to what I suspect is the real deal complete with specs and everything. (Looking similar except for having the standard Samsung only one physical button layout, thou, how it looks has looks has been detailed long ago by whistleblowers according to the rumour mill.))

Anyway, went smugly to the same article today and it was totally changed!:)

The flash banner that suspiciously bordered exactly through one of the detailed faults was removed, scale changed and a third picture had been added looking very flawless. And the text was moderated, even mentioning the exsistence of the"realdeal picture" I posted (calling it the crappy brochure pix) with even the headline going from  "100% certainty something" to "Reportedly Caught On Camera".

Oh, and off-course- all my comments with my excellent Photoshop lecture was totally deleted from this Orwellian website. I Was not even 100% sure I was right in my blatant claims yesterday, but I take this modification as a indication of how thrust worthy this site is:)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149384
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.25.2013
01:47PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Ok, anyway, if you suspect others representations of your past posting is somewhat not 100% correct , then I gotta share my encounter with TechCrunch website yesterday. (Thou I probable woulda posted this story one way or another:))

Just happened to experience real history fraud like ripped from 1984!:)
Found this TechCrunch article claiming with certainty of having the first photos of the rumoured Galaxy note 8.0 in use.

There was two pictures there, and after some study I concluded that these where more probable than not an excellent done Photoshop fraud.

So I posted some comments with detailed explanations of where to look for tell tale sign in both pictures together with my suspicion of how it was made.

Also threw in a few links to two other articles from TechCrunch relating similar stories with different (more suspect) pictures that obviously the writer somehow forgot to mention before finishing off with a picture link to what I suspect is the real deal complete with specs and everything. (Looking similar except for having the standard Samsung only one physical button layout, thou, how it looks has looks has been detailed long ago by whistleblowers according to the rumour mill.))

Anyway, went smugly to the same article today and it was totally changed!:)

The flash banner that suspiciously bordered exactly through one of the detailed faults was removed, scale changed and a third picture had been added looking very flawless. And the text was moderated, even mentioning the exsistence of the"realdeal picture" I posted (calling it the crappy brochure pix) with even the headline going from  "100% certainty something" to "Reportedly Caught On Camera".

Oh, and off-course- all my comments with my excellent Photoshop lecture was totally deleted from this Orwellian website. I Was not even 100% sure I was right in my blatant claims yesterday, but I take this modification as a indication of how thrust worthy this site is:)

"

So, I should take your modifications of my post as a measure of how trust worthy you are??? .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149385
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.25.2013
04:40PM EDT 
vertical line ..was just a story about comments to some TechCrunch article, not about you really.

If you want me to give you the focus and come up with some advice or suggestion I would go for doubt, based on nothing really, just feel like saying it. I once read this zendude say like be friend with doubt, it opens  for new ways of thinking.

If you live in a dark world thrusting no-one, believing everybody are ...... (fill in your favourite negative human trait or species of reptilian shapeshifters)
Then don't forget to especially not thrust yourself even more than if you live in a white world thrusting everybody, believing everybody are  ...... (fill in your favourite positive human trait or species of benevolent reptilian shapeshifters)

Yeah, so I guess my point is thrust no-one, especially yourself, then  u oughta be safe or something:)

Appendix

Really have little clue to what I am talking about often, U know that??:) Just spew out some words, sometimes to be helpful, other times funny or just because I am bored (like now! thnx!:)

I try to steer away from elaborating on stuff I really cannot claim to have any grasp on and not point others to stuff or knowledge I do not possess or understand giving impression otherwise (thou sheering someone up is a most efficient antidote for depression in oneself), you agree to my view?

Once actually sat down intent  to write a book on total-happines/enlightmentsomething, kinda stopped when I realised me myself was totally miserable.. Who knows, mighta written it and "seen the light" reading my own advices.
But would probable been worse than whenthat morbid fat Dr. Phil shamelessly advertised his new "lose weight quick and easy" book on Ophra. And if success I probable had ended up going the Hubbard-style, probable dying ridiculously rich but bitter, alone and paranoid (or together with the cult if the toady bastrds irritates me enough) But I never wrote that book so sadly we will never know:/

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149387
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.25.2013
09:45PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line This is a place for discussion ... mostly about Zen Buddhism.
Thanks for your contributions toward that goal.
As for the rest, it is part of the cycle of life .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149392
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.26.2013
04:57PM EDT 
vertical line I am not here trying to win a popularity contest.  The truth can be uncomfortable.  There are people here who are misleading others, and themselves.  I am not judging them.  There are times, when I do this myself, and even masters have entered delusion. The Buddha himself made decisions which were coloured by a frame of reference, and when he was challenged on it, he sat in the non-discriminatory state that is before the conceptual mind, and determined his, mistake. 

If you stand on any absolute you are subject to this problem.

It has been for many long centuries a practice of Buddhism to contemplate death and impermanence.  There are many examples of this.  Buddhism is not an escapist fantasy of pleasantries.  Neither is it stark, pessimistic and dark.  It simply does not turn away from looking at any subject that may arise, and simultaneously, it does not hold on to it. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149409
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
10:47AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "It has been for many long centuries a practice of Buddhism to contemplate death
"
AFTER-DEATH EXISTENCE & BELIEF TO THE BUDDHA
A wandering monk called Vaccha asked the Buddha if the Buddha would still exsist after death. The Buddha replied:
"Vaccha, the idea that I would exist or not exist after death - such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements as though caught by thorns. They bring about anger, delusion, and argument and they do not bring about peace, knowledge, or wisdom leading to enlightenment. I do not take up any of these ideas."

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.27.2013
02:36PM EDT 
vertical line Avisitor I know you don't see it but you are proving my point.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149437
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:29PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Avisitor I know you don't see it but you are proving my point."

Yes, I understand that people in Buddhism are questioning death.
But, the example is about Buddha's wisdom.
Why do you discard the wisdom in favor of being right??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149441
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.27.2013
06:36PM EDT 
vertical line The contemplation on death leads to emptiness. This is not about right or wrong.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149443
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.27.2013
06:36PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "It has been for many long centuries a practice of Buddhism to contemplate death
"
AFTER-DEATH EXISTENCE & BELIEF TO THE BUDDHA

"

Yeah stop your ideas, stop thinking... lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149445
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:44PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "The contemplation on death leads to emptiness. This is not about right or wrong. "

Creating doubt mass .... contemplating death .... leads to emptiness.
Zazen leads to emptiness
Meditation leads to emptiness
Following your breathe leads to empitness

Buddha gave over a thousand ways ....

But, your focus was on my post proving you right???
You are right. But, there is also something to learn ... yes???
Long breathe out .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149448
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.27.2013
06:49PM EDT 
vertical line You gave reference to the Buddha teaching about the subject many thousands of yeas ago. Sustaning my only assertion, which was that death an impermanace have been contemplated for this long.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149450
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.27.2013
06:51PM EDT 
vertical line Mindless or mindfull you are still where you are at, whenever you take notice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149451
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:53PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "You gave reference to the Buddha teaching about the subject many thousands of yeas ago. Sustaning my only assertion, which was that death an impermanace have been contemplated for this long.
"

Like a dog with a bone ... you will not let it go???
You are right in your assertions ... no doubt
Now what else is there to learn .... hmmmm ... I don't know .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149452
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:54PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Mindless or mindfull you are still where you are at, whenever you take notice."

Yes!!!!
Agreed .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149453
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.27.2013
09:04PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "You gave reference to the Buddha teaching about the subject many thousands of yeas ago. Sustaning my only assertion, which was that death an impermanace have been contemplated for this long.
"

"

Stay away from my bone dude!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149468
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.27.2013
09:06PM EDT 
vertical line I trust that's good advice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149470
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Jan.27.2013
10:20PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line the sense of being alive is Human
the sense of feeling alive is Zen
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149474
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Jan.27.2013
10:32PM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line The synthesis of the two is meditation.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149475
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
08:39AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "You gave reference to the Buddha teaching about the subject many thousands of yeas ago. Sustaning my only assertion, which was that death an impermanace have been contemplated for this long.
"

"

Stay away from my bone dude!
"

Hahaha .... now you see it from my viewpoint
And you know that I am not right either .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149492
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
09:11AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line So, it is with most things. We see what we want to see.
And pretty much disregard the rest.
I can not tell how this affects .... hmmm

My frame of reference has changed again
All this is way too serious
I'm stepping out ... now ... all those that can ... please show the way .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149495
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.28.2013
10:58PM EDT 
vertical line The way is stop thinking.. what else...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149524
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.29.2013
08:45AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "The way is stop thinking.. what else... "

Okay, lets say you're right.
Then please explain so we can all follow the way .... hahaha
What is at the other end of stop thinking???
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149525
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.29.2013
10:22AM EDT 
vertical line Coffee.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149526
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.29.2013
10:26AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
So you use coffee to stop thinking ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149527
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.29.2013
10:31AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
"

No. Coffee is just coffee. Drink a cup and see yourself.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149528
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.29.2013
11:36AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "The way is stop thinking.. what else... "

"

Well examine it carefully. What are thoughts? Thoughts are nothing but memories of the past or imagination of the future. In Zen the past is gone so it has no reality and the future will never come. Zen practice is in the Now which is the only reality. The moment you think of the Now it is gone. The moment you are not thinking the Now is all there is. It is so easy yet obviously it is too difficult to most people.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149529
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.29.2013
11:39AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
"

"

Yeah .. Coffee.. when you see coffee.. it is coffee.. and you can drink it.

If you are thinking of coffee.... how can you drink your thoughts of coffee...

Exactly...lol

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149530
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.29.2013
01:54PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
"

"

Hmm, the conversation was about stop thinking.
So, you just thought about coffee .... hahaha
Maybe you should have a cup of coffee???
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149532
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.29.2013
02:04PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "The way is stop thinking.. what else... "

"

Well examine it carefully. What are thoughts? Thoughts are nothing but memories of the past or imagination of the future. In Zen the past is gone so it has no reality and the future will never come. Zen practice is in the Now which is the only reality. The moment you think of the Now it is gone. The moment you are not thinking the Now is all there is. It is so easy yet obviously it is too difficult to most people.
"

You are wonderful at playing with words.
Now, show me stop thinking and find its root.

Saying Zen is this or that  .... it is not Zen.
Past, present, future .... wherever you wish to be ... that is not Zen.
It is only your thinking mind.

Thoughts aren't your imaginations or memories or desires
They are formed at the root of your existence
And only when you have quieted your thinking mind can you observe it ... reflect it .... meld with it .... hahahaha

Stop trying to be right ... stop thinking .... eat your watermelon .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149533
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.29.2013
10:31PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
"

"

"

I had coffee this morning. Now I'm having a neti pot to keep away a sinus infection. How was your day? :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149536
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sit_teh
Jan.30.2013
02:01AM EDT 
Email sit_teh
vertical line Death comes once in a lifetime, come as you are.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149537
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.30.2013
04:09AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Death comes once in a lifetime, come as you are. "

Have you been contemplating about death for a long time??? ...hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149538
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Jan.30.2013
04:31AM EDT 
vertical line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxR-DkMHEk

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149539
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.30.2013
12:31PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Idea
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149540
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.30.2013
12:48PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "

Coffee??
"

"

"

I had coffee this morning. Now I'm having a neti pot to keep away a sinus infection. How was your day? :)
"

My day was filled with a battle with sense and senses
In simple words ... I had a headache all day long
Must have been the coffee .... hahaha

Funny thing about neti pots
If you don't keep it clean then you just might get a sinus infection
The very thing you wish to prevent ... you could end up giving yourself ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149541
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.30.2013
03:20PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "
The very thing you wish to resent ... you could end up giving yourself ... hahaha
"

WELL said my friend!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149542
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.30.2013
04:41PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "
The very thing you wish to resent ... you could end up giving yourself ... hahaha
"

WELL said my friend!
"

I can only wish you would decide to become part of the conversation
instead of coming here to put snippets and snide remarks
Be a part of this community.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149543
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.30.2013
06:54PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "
"

WELL said my friend!
"

I can only wish you would decide to become part of the conversation
instead of coming here to put snippets and snide remarks
Be a part of this community.
"

Actually, he had quite a point there. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149546
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.30.2013
06:55PM EDT 
vertical line Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

Often, our own wisdom sneaks up on us when we're not looking. When we're thinking about other things, for instance.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149547
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.30.2013
07:24PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Coffee. "
Be a part of this commodity.
"

k
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149549
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.30.2013
08:45PM EDT 
vertical line Boiling water. Cooking noodles.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149550
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.30.2013
11:55PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Boiling water. Cooking noodles. "

Change is a very difficult thing to embrace.
Momentum of ones thoughts flow very quickly ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149551
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.31.2013
12:00AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Boiling water. Cooking noodles. "

Change is a very difficult thing to retrace.
Momentum of ones thoughts flow very sourly ... boohoo!
"

My sympathies. _/|\_
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149553
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.31.2013
12:05AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

Often, our own wisdom sneaks up on us when we're not looking. When we're thinking about other things, for instance.
"

So where does wisdom come from??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149555
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.31.2013
12:27AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

"

"

Saskatchewan.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149556
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.31.2013
12:39AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

"

"

Saskatchewan.
"

Now I understand where you are coming from .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149557
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.31.2013
01:12AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

"

"

Wisdom come from not thinking...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149558
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.31.2013
01:42AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Or rather, YOU had quite a point, and he pointed that out.

"

"

Wisdom come from not thinking...lol
"

So, that is your mantra ... not thinking
You're missing something important ...
But, that you will have to learn about that yourself
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149559
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jan.31.2013
09:14AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Fear of death , fear of death on love one is mutual. Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to discover that there is NOTHING belong to me NOT EVEN "my body" , "my love one".....all being is of SAME and EQUAL therefore I same and equal with the dirt under your shoes , my daughter is never belong to me and she is of same and equal with the leaf outside my house . Buddhism is a PROCESS of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy back into emptiness ...........
I am " emptiness" the Buddha and "myself" that consisted of all my desire , emotions is actually pollutants that causes my existence / my suffering and I will continue to exist as long as I still have the will , the desire to exist .
Buddhism is a PROCESS that I learn to free me from myself ....end of my existence . so Buddhism is a PROCESS back into emptiness and death / birth . survival is just a tiny part in this process .
Thks
CSEe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149560
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:05PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Fear of death , fear of death on love one is mutual. Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to discover that there is NOTHING belong to me NOT EVEN "my body" , "my love one".....all being is of SAME and EQUAL therefore I same and equal with the dirt under your shoes , my daughter is never belong to me and she is of same and equal with the leaf outside my house . Buddhism is a PROCESS of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy back into emptiness ...........
I am " emptiness" the Buddha and "myself" that consisted of all my desire , emotions is actually pollutants that causes my existence / my suffering and I will continue to exist as long as I still have the will , the desire to exist .
Buddhism is a PROCESS that I learn to free me from myself ....end of my existence . so Buddhism is a PROCESS back into emptiness and death / birth . survival is just a tiny part in this process .
Thks
CSEe
"

Do you pay attention to your breathing?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149576
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.01.2013
04:18PM EDT 

"

"

It sneaks up on me too, usually when I least expect it. I'm not expecting it now, for example...

wait for it...

should be any time now...

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149582
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:34PM EDT 

"

"

It sneaks up on me too, usually when I least expect it. I'm not expecting it now, for example...

wait for it...

should be any time now...

"

GOTCHA!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149589
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
08:13PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "Fear of death , fear of death on love one is mutual. Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to discover that there is NOTHING belong to me NOT EVEN "my body" , "my love one".....all being is of SAME and EQUAL therefore I same and equal with the dirt under your shoes , my daughter is never belong to me and she is of same and equal with the leaf outside my house . Buddhism is a PROCESS of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy back into emptiness ...........
Thks
CSEe
"

"

No , if I do perhaps I will have stop breathing long ago . Buddhism to me is realization on breathing leading to freedom of breathing ...........so I do not " pay attention" just to "find out"  but rather learning from it , experiencing from it and perhaps will free of it .....thats Buddhism .

In my current understanding ALL path is Buddhism , all being whether living or non-living regardless their action / background is part of Buddhism ,,,so meditation , chantting etc is same as any action by any being in any condition ...is just part of the process known to me as Buddhism.

Osama same as Dalai Lama same as Hilter same as Siddharta are all being in their own process releasing own polluted energy towards emptiness .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149596
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:47PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Quote: "Fear of death , fear of death on love one is mutual. Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to discover that there is NOTHING belong to me NOT EVEN "my body" , "my love one".....all being is of SAME and EQUAL therefore I same and equal with the dirt under your shoes , my daughter is never belong to me and she is of same and equal with the leaf outside my house . Buddhism is a PROCESS of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy back into emptiness ...........
Thks
CSEe
"

"

No , if I do perhaps I will have stop breathing long ago . Buddhism to me is realization on breathing leading to freedom of breathing ...........so I do not " pay attention" just to "find out"  but rather learning from it , experiencing from it and perhaps will free of it .....thats Buddhism .

In my current understanding ALL path is Buddhism , all being whether living or non-living regardless their action / background is part of Buddhism ,,,so meditation , chantting etc is same as any action by any being in any condition ...is just part of the process known to me as Buddhism.

Osama same as Dalai Lama same as Hilter same as Siddharta are all being in their own process releasing own polluted energy towards emptiness .

Thks

CSEe

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149601
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
09:40PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

YES indeed my friend ......I am always in motion of learning , never stop at any level to "accept" any reason . That is why I always said " perhaps" and " in my current understanding" have you notice that ?

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149608
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Feb.02.2013
04:55AM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "Fear of death , fear of death on love one is mutual. Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to discover that there is NOTHING belong to me NOT EVEN "my body" , "my love one".....all being is of SAME and EQUAL therefore I same and equal with the dirt under your shoes , my daughter is never belong to me and she is of same and equal with the leaf outside my house . Buddhism is a PROCESS of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy back into emptiness ...........
Thks
CSEe
"

What is the sound of one hand clapping? One hand, not two. one.

If you were to free yourself from some-thing where would you be?

Would you know any-thing then?

What might know? What might be known?

What?

That one hand seems to clasp, not just clap!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149616
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.02.2013
12:36PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

YES indeed my friend ......I am always in motion of learning , never stop at any level to "accept" any reason . That is why I always said " perhaps" and " in my current understanding" have you notice that ?

Thks

CSEe

"

There is light and there is darkness.
Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
Why do you want to say that everything is Buddhism??
People learn everyday ... in schools and in life.
That is not Buddhism.

In your current understanding, you have not any room for the truth.
Everyone has told you and you ignore.
Why do you persist? To spread your ideas??

Hilter is not the same as Buddha, Siddhartha, Dalai Lama
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149622
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
11:20AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

"

You say "perhaps."
But... perhaps not.

You know?
"

Thks

CSEe

"

Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
That is not Buddhism.

"

"

Light is not darkness.
Buddhism is Buddhism.
That is not Buddhism.

"

As human , we attached to the beliefs on distinction on the right verses the wrong , the true verses the false , the good verses the bad ...........we had created " special emotion " towards anything or everything .....perhaps thats is the cause of all our suffering and the cause of our existence . Buddhism is a PROCESS that will end our existence back into the original condition before polluted .

Thats my current view , I hope you could debate with me for my learning process. 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149643
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
03:11PM EDT 
vertical line

Quote: "

Buddhism...will end our existence back into the original condition before polluted .

As human , we attached to the beliefs on distinction on the right verses the wrong ... the good verses the bad ...........we had created " special emotion "

.....perhaps thats is the cause of all our suffering and the cause of our existence .

"

Perhaps "polluted versus 'original condition before polluted'" is your belief of distinction that has created special emotion to cause all your suffering.

Maybe if you stop belief in that, and just look and listen, Buddhism can teach you that you are already fine just as you are, and world is fine just as it is, because there is no "polluted versus pure". That is just your belief. "Polluted" is not who and what you are.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149650
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
09:58PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "

Buddhism...will end our existence back into the original condition before polluted .

As human , we attached to the beliefs on distinction on the right verses the wrong ... the good verses the bad ...........we had created " special emotion "

.....perhaps thats is the cause of all our suffering and the cause of our existence .

"

Perhaps "polluted versus 'original condition before polluted'" is your belief of distinction that has created special emotion to cause all your suffering.

Maybe if you stop belief in that, and just look and listen, Buddhism can teach you that you are already fine just as you are, and world is fine just as it is, because there is no "polluted versus pure". That is just your belief. "Polluted" is not who and what you are.

"
......... Dear friend , polluted is NOT comparison to purity ..........polluted is just like a  dust on your shirt .....is not there before but is there NOW . The acceptance of the polluted will DECREASE the " self" and wilth ' less self" I will be in an emotion of "less burden" and this emotion is perhaps can be imagined as "happy or compassion or love".......

"
......... Dear friend , polluted is NOT comparison to purity ..........polluted is just like a  dust on your shirt .....is not there before but is there NOW . The acceptance of the polluted will DECREASE the " self" and wilth ' less self" I will be in an emotion of "less burden" and this emotion is perhaps can be imagined as "happy or compassion or love".......

Dear friend , Buddhism is a PROCESS decreasing the " self" NOT further increase it . "myself" is causes of my existence and all my joy and suffering so with a decrease " self" how can I be more suffering?

Beliave in ownself , have faith is creating MORE SELF , more desire , more emotion and with that more self ...more suffering . Buddhism is a PROCESS knowing , exploring , discovering " this self" , accept " This self" and eventually NATURALLY will be FREE of it ...towards emptiness .

Sir just imagine , if you travel and along the way , you collected things and carry it with you , the more you travel the more you suffer , burden of the weight ......that is in Buddhism creating more self , creating emotions , more desire .......but if you travel relizing that you does not need all the thing and put it down ...so the more you put down the thing , as you trvel you will feel less burden , you will be more " happy" due to the less burden..........thats Buddhism to me my friend is to decrease the emotions , all emotions including love or compassion as all emotions is SAME and EQUAL.

Accepting " ownself" ............and the more one accept himself , NATURAL:LY he will free of the self ...leading to emptinss ....

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149666
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
10:15PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Dear friend , Buddhism is a PROCESS decreasing the " self" NOT further increase it . "myself" is causes of my existence and all my joy and suffering so with a decrease " self" how can I be more suffering?

Beliave in ownself , have faith is creating MORE SELF , more desire , more emotion and with that more self ...more suffering . Buddhism is a PROCESS knowing , exploring , discovering " this self" , accept " This self" and eventually NATURALLY will be FREE of it ...towards emptiness .

Sir just imagine , if you travel and along the way , you collected things and carry it with you , the more you travel the more you suffer , burden of the weight ......that is in Buddhism creating more self , creating emotions , more desire .......but if you travel relizing that you does not need all the thing and put it down ...so the more you put down the thing , as you trvel you will feel less burden , you will be more " happy" due to the less burden..........thats Buddhism to me my friend is to decrease the emotions , all emotions including love or compassion as all emotions is SAME and EQUAL.

Accepting " ownself" ............and the more one accept himself , NATURAL:LY he will free of the self ...leading to emptinss ....

Thks

CSEe

"

Put it all down and have a cup of tea.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149667
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
10:53PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

By knowledge " is VERY EASY to put all down" ....but Buddhism is the realization , the acceptance and NATURALLY it would be freedom of it ...and thats is the greatest challenge .

Yes in my current understanding of Buddhism , nothing is owned by me NOR my family even my body .............and all being is NEVER related but in own purification process ....

so in Buddhism "my" daughter is same and equal as the dirt under my shoe.......so "putting it down" as you decriped is to accept this ........and sorry my friend is NOT that easy ..................

I will undergo a PROCESS to accept this and this PROCESS is Buddhism.

Thks

CSEe

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

By knowledge " is VERY EASY to put all down" ....but Buddhism is the realization , the acceptance and NATURALLY it would be freedom of it ...and thats is the greatest challenge .

Yes in my current understanding of Buddhism , nothing is owned by me NOR my family even my body .............and all being is NEVER related but in own purification process ....

so in Buddhism "my" daughter is same and equal as the dirt under my shoe.......so "putting it down" as you decriped is to accept this ........and sorry my friend is NOT that easy ..................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149672
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.04.2013
05:29AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

Don't forget to take off your shoes.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149685
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
07:15AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

i dont really understand you but thanks anyway.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149687
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.04.2013
07:12PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

"

I wouldn't want you to hurt your daughter by accidentally stepping on her with your shoes on.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149690
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
11:09PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

"

I wouldn't want you to hurt your daughter by accidentally stepping on her with your shoes on.
"

"

"

Correct me if I mis-understand you okey , perhaps you mean that my views will "mis-lead" or "influence" my daughter into " wrong path".......

Well IF that is what you mean , I think I am aware of that years before she was born . In Buddhism she is NEVER related to me ( Is seems impossible for me to accept this currently ) and she is just a being in her own purification process SAME as any beings ...so she is a teacher to me .....each day we talked about death , about Buddhism and I am sharing awareness with her and I NEVER had any intention to teach her or influence her ................so she is FREE .

Thks

CSEe 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149695
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.13.2013
03:20PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Never related to you??
Then who is this person??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149911
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.18.2013
10:05AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Never related to you??
Then who is this person??
"

Dear Avisitor , sorry for late reply , I just notice it .

In my current understanding , Buddhism is a PROCESS that we learned from our experiences , our observation on any action / re-action leading to our realization .........and  is BEYOND all known knowledge , all culture or lifelihood .

So is never limited to what we known or what we search to know ...is something we will all know , understand and accepted in our own learning process .....................

So dear Avisitor , in knowledge , in human culture that 13 years old girl is 'my daughter'.........because in human culture , we created " RELATIONSHIP' , " OWNERSHIP" and we live in by our knowledge .....base on our knowledge as the basis of our life ......................YES , in my knowledge ,in my current EMOTION / DESIRE/ EGO/LOVE/PRIDE that formed as " myself"...she is MY DAUGHTER and I am her father ..........................

In my current UNDERSTANDING , not yet acceptance .........of Buddhism , nothing is belong to me even " my body" is never owned by me , she is always a being same as any human , any animal , any plant , any non-living in her own process freedom from herself  NEVER connected / related to me.....thats my understanding of Buddhism but still my freind I am currently still full of pollutants .........I am learning and I will accept it NATURALLY in a process known to me as Buddhism.

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150035
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZONE OF PEACE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s