history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Oct 25 2014 07:12AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.08.2009 @ 10:58PM EDT by chontri
What, monks, is the world? The eye and shapes, the ear and sounds,
the nose and smells, the tongue and tastes, the body and tactile objects,
the mind and mental objects - these... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: CURIOSITY
vertical line Posted on Jan.25.2013 @ 10:55PM EDT by QuantumZen
Sometimes I get froghtened by my curiosity. I don't know wether the choices I make are good or dangerous. Where am I going? What is zen's view of being curious?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email QuantumZen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.26.2013
01:13AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line It is vital for us to obtain qenuine confidence in the nature of mind and reality, grounded in understanding and reason. What we need is a skeptical curiosity and constant inquire, a curious mind, drawn toward all possibilities; and when we cultivae that, the desire to deeply investigate naturally arises. ~ The Dalai Lama, in The Middle Way
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149393
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.26.2013
09:35AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Agreed
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149400
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.26.2013
01:40PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Lotus flower
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149401
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jan.26.2013
02:10PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line (Perfect)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149402
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.26.2013
07:32PM EDT 
vertical line Sometimes I get froghtened by my curiosity.

What is frightening about an inquisitive nature?

I don't know wether the choices I make are good or dangerous.

Things are what they are, even with or without our attached notions of good, bad, preferable or not preferable. 

Where am I going?

Determine where you are at before you chose where to go.

What is zen's view of being curious?

Zen does not view anything upon a plane of duality.  Curiosity is one among many things which arise and fall away. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149414
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.27.2013
05:26AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Sometimes I get froghtened by my curiosity.

Things are what they are, even with or without our attached notions of good, bad, preferable or not preferable. 

Where am I going?

Zen does not view anything upon a plane of duality.  Curiosity is one among many things which arise and fall away. 
"

What is the purpose of curiosity and fear? When you see a little child who is curious, do you say that this is something that just rises and falls away? What about a child who is fearful?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149432
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:36PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Sometimes I get froghtened by my curiosity.

Where am I going?

"

What is the purpose of curiosity and fear? When you see a little child who is curious, do you say that this is something that just rises and falls away? What about a child who is fearful?
"
I doubt those words were written to a child of curiousity and/or fear.
They are written to you who must learn how your mind works and see into its very nature.
Otherwise what is the point of being here???  ....  hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149444
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.27.2013
06:41PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: What about a child who is fearful?"

The child who is fearful is afraid.  That is their state of being in that moment - neither better nor worse than any other. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149447
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.27.2013
06:46PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: What about a child who is fearful?"

The child who is fearful is afraid.  That is their state of being in that moment - neither better nor worse than any other. 
"

Nice to see you .... haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149449
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Jan.27.2013
07:43PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: What about a child who is fearful?"

"

Nice to see you .... haha
"

U2 :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149456
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.27.2013
09:07PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Thank you.  =^.^=
It is good to see you as well.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149471
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
12:47AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: What about a child who is fearful?"

"

So, you're the same to a child who's fearful as you are to a child who's joyful? No difference?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149480
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
01:22AM EDT 
vertical line Genuine confidence. Grounded in understanding. Skeptical curiosity and constant inquiry. Possibilities. Deeply investigate.

You can't see the difference between that and fear? The Dalai Lama can.

Where does fear arise within curiosity, and why? Is it in the possibilities? If so, what possibilities invoke fear?

When fear of possibilities shuts off curiosity, then all possibilities will disappear. Even the good ones. So, curiosity needs reassurance against the painful possibilities, and encouragement of the joyful possibilities.

If there is no difference, then you will as soon cause fear as you will cause joy. That might not be so good, for you or for others.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149482
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.28.2013
09:35AM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: What about a child who is fearful?"

"

So, you're the same to a child who's fearful as you are to a child who's joyful? No difference?
"

yes and no.  In that I am currently joyful or fearful, no.  In that I am who and how I am at this moment, yes.

It's not that there are not different states - it's only that that there is no point in chasing one state over another.  All that matters is what is, and what we choose to do with that.

The fearful child is afraid.  She may cry to have another resolve her fears, or she may investigate to resolve her own fears, or nothing or anything else at all.  These choices bring about differing results.  Choosing to investigate the monsters under the bed may yield relief and choosing to investigate the snarl wolf may yield pain. 

The joyful child is joyus.  She may spread that joy, or keep it to herself, or decide it is her due and thereby become addicted, "spoiled" as we would say.  All states may have positive or negative consequences, but the states themselves are neutral, they are simply what is.

I dunno, that's my take on it.  Does it make any sense to anyone else?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149496
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
09:48AM EDT 
vertical line "She may cry to have another resolve her fears"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149497
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
09:48AM EDT 
vertical line "She may spread that joy"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149498
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
09:50AM EDT 
vertical line "So, curiosity needs reassurance against the painful possibilities, and encouragement of the joyful possibilities."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149499
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.28.2013
10:03AM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: ""So, curiosity needs reassurance against the painful possibilities, and encouragement of the joyful possibilities." "

I don't know.  Maybe?  Sometimes curiosity needs support and sometimes curiosity just needs itself.  Sometimes its best to indulge curiosity and sometimes its best to learn from another's experiences.  Wouldn't it depend on the context of the situation? 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149500
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
10:23AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

It's not that there are not different states - it's only that that there is no point in chasing one state over another.  All that matters is what is, and what we choose to do with that.

"
Hmmm, could U clarify?

And lets say u had to choose marriage based on two photos (And you had to choose or else the world would blow up or a baby seal killed or something silly):

One is of what a dualistic person would call a flat nosed chubby train wreck etc., while the other was what a dualistic person would call insanely sweet beauty with kind eyes and pretty smile.

Before you choose youre informed that the chubby girl with the pistering evil eyes was the one with least income (living on the street) thus more in dire need of a marriage as the sweet one had higher income level than even you.

Now, who would you choose? The grumpy lady with the desperate need of love and money or?..

Why? And how much time would you need to take this lifechanging choice?

(not an attack (yet:) just curiouse of youre answer:)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149501
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
10:33AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Out of context ...
Out of mind ....

Oh wait, it is suppose to be ...
Out of sight .. out of mind .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149502
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
10:35AM EDT 
vertical line (dang, just exchange sexes in question unless it looks good as is:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149503
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
10:36AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "(dang, just exchange sexes in question unless it looks good as is:)
"

Exchange sexes???
Can you do that??
I didn't know the parts were interchangeable .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149504
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
10:38AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Out of context ...
Out of mind ....

"
awh, go jump..
:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149505
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
10:39AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Out of context ...
Out of mind ....

"
awh, go jump..
"

Sorry, don't like jumping jacks.
Too old and and body too frayed ....
maybe a youngster like you cna go jump .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149506
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
10:41AM EDT 
vertical line Hope U don`t like go around in youre daily life finishing each sentence with like big evil laughter "bhwa harr harr harrrr.." or something..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149507
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jan.28.2013
10:51AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Hope U don`t like go around in youre daily life finishing each sentence with like big evil laughter "bhwa harr harr harrrr.." or something..
"

Yes, I snicker and laugh my life away ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149508
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
11:07AM EDT 
vertical line Sound fun:)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149509
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.28.2013
05:50PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

"
Hmmm, could U clarify?

And lets say u had to choose marriage based on two photos (And you had to choose
or else the world would blow up or a baby seal killed or something silly)
:

I'm honestly not trying to cop out but I'm not sure I can answer your question. Given my state right now - my viewpoints my attitudes wants and desires morals every conscious and unconscious motivator I would pick the one more in need. But at the moment I never intend to have children, were that to change I suspect that would change my answer. I don't know, I'm not that person right now.

That is sort of my point; what is is what is not what could be. It makes more sense in my mind to turn the question around a bit. Say we are the less attractive poverty stricken individual. We can reject that state. We can wish for whomever who will have whatever it is that will change our situation. But when the dreams end reality stands.

So we are the homely poor person. We can bemoan that fate and call it bad, but that is a judgement call, another dream really. It's telling ourselves a story about how something is that occludes the reality of what something is. Whatever we or anyone else feels about a situation does not change the situation. What is remains what is.

Now, in my mind this doesn't negate emotion. We can be this unattractive and destitute and this can cause us to feel hunger and to feel misery. And in these situations feeling hunger and misery are okay because hunger and misery are a part of reality in that moment and who we are in the context of that reality. The fearful child is afraid.

And I think this is where choice comes in. I do not believe acceptance means apathy, quite the opposite really. I think it is only when we fully engage with the moment as it is, not as we wish it to be, that we can take any meaningful action. This doesn't necessarily mean that we will pick the "right" choice, the joyous child can opt to spread joy or become addicted to it, only that the choices will be relevant.

What hope there is I see comes from compassion. Compassion for the self and compassion for others. With compassion for the self the poor and uncharasmatic can seek succor. Compassion for others prompts those who have and are skilled to give and to train.

Living in the moment that is and choosing with compassion is, to me, the core of living well. It is the echo of that within Zen that attracts me, that keeps drawing me here. I know these ideas are distant from core Zen, and are, in a few points, antithetical, but I don't know where else my ideas belong.

Take all that to simply mean if you want to challenge my ideas, please do, I find it fun and I learn a lot trying to make them make sense to another not cursed with Nomi mind, but I won't fight over them. I know my ideas are incomplete, and even if they were I see no reason why they should apply to anyone else.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149516
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.28.2013
07:11PM EDT 
vertical line I would pick the one more in need.
________

lol, U are sweet:) (I am not jesus or something, so I would go for whoever I found the most cuddly, thou agree to keeping a  good heart is of utmost importance)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149517
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Jan.28.2013
07:13PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: ""So, curiosity needs reassurance against the painful possibilities, and encouragement of the joyful possibilities." "

I don't know.  Maybe?  Sometimes curiosity needs support and sometimes curiosity just needs itself.  Sometimes its best to indulge curiosity and sometimes its best to learn from another's experiences.  Wouldn't it depend on the context of the situation? 
"

The context was that someone was frightened of their own curiosity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149518
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Jan.28.2013
08:09PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
"

The context was that someone was frightened of their own curiosity.
"

That's...a very good point.  Sorry.  Yes, in that context I absolutely agree.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149521
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.29.2013
06:18PM EDT 
vertical line Don`t be

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149534
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Jan.29.2013
06:19PM EDT 
vertical line :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149535
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jan.31.2013
09:20AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line To me Buddhism is a PROCESS to learn , discover , experience , know OWNSELF by being awake , by own realiazation leading to acceptance of ownself and emptiness ......so curiosity is just a tiny part in the process ..............
Thks
CSEe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149561
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
04:08PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "To me Buddhism is a PROCESS to learn , discover , experience , know OWNSELF by being awake , by own realiazation leading to acceptance of ownself and emptiness ......so curiosity is just a tiny part in the process ..............
Thks
CSEe
"

"Learn, discover, experience, and know oneself by being awake" depend upon curiosity. It's neither tiny nor big. It's just Curiosity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149577
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
08:27PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "To me Buddhism is a PROCESS to learn , discover , experience , know OWNSELF by being awake , by own realiazation leading to acceptance of ownself and emptiness ......so curiosity is just a tiny part in the process ..............
Thks
CSEe
"

"Learn, discover, experience, and know oneself by being awake" depend upon curiosity. It's neither tiny nor big. It's just Curiosity.
"

If comparing the whole process .......curiosity is tiny . Perhaps can be the factor but never the cause .........

Thks

CSEe,

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149598
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:52PM EDT 

Quote: "Quote: "To me Buddhism is a PROCESS to learn , discover , experience , know OWNSELF by being awake , by own realiazation leading to acceptance of ownself and emptiness ......so curiosity is just a tiny part in the process ..............
Thks
CSEe
"

"

If comparing the whole process .......curiosity is tiny . Perhaps can be the factor but never the cause .........

Thks

CSEe,

"

Comparing the whole process is not curiosity, so you can't see Curiosity from your position of Comparing, to tell whether it is big or little, or neither at all.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149603
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.01.2013
08:56PM EDT 
vertical line Conversely, you could just have some candy. Process candy. Nom nom nom. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149604
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.01.2013
09:19PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

Comparing the whole process is not curiosity, so you can't see Curiosity from your position of Comparing, to tell whether it is big or little, or neither at all.
"

"

"

To me Sir , nothing is referral to Buddhism , nothing is important than other in Buddhism so "comparing" is never exist in Buddhism .... my meaning of " comparing" in the above is just to explain that if we look at the whole process to aware , to learn , to accept and freedom from ownselves ...curiosity is just a tiny part of it .

Curiosity can be a factor , can also sparked by desire , ego , pride , greed , will , determination , knowledge etc so curiosity does NOT stand alone but is always comingled with other emotions ....so all these so call "emotions" is known as "self" to me .....and by human culture this "self" is "CSEe" .....Buddhism is a PROCESS to free "CSEe" from me- the emptiness .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149605
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.02.2013
03:26AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

To me Sir , nothing is referral to Buddhism , nothing is important than other in Buddhism so "comparing" is never exist in Buddhism .... my meaning of " comparing" in the above is just to explain that if we look at the whole process to aware , to learn , to accept and freedom from ownselves ...curiosity is just a tiny part of it .

Curiosity can be a factor , can also sparked by desire , ego , pride , greed , will , determination , knowledge etc so curiosity does NOT stand alone but is always comingled with other emotions ....so all these so call "emotions" is known as "self" to me .....and by human culture this "self" is "CSEe" .....Buddhism is a PROCESS to free "CSEe" from me- the emptiness .

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"When walking, standing, sitting, lying down, speaking, being silent, moving, being still... At all times, in all places, without interruption - what is this?"

Buddhism is unexcelled curiosity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149612
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.03.2013
12:13AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I find it curious that the best time to sit Zazen is also the best time to go fishing. :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149635
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.03.2013
12:27AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The fish & game report is a great guide for your meditation.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149636
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.03.2013
11:07AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"When walking, standing, sitting, lying down, speaking, being silent, moving, being still... At all times, in all places, without interruption - what is this?"

"

"

What are you?

"

What am I ? To me currently- I am emptiness .............by "myself" is all my desire / emotions , love , compassion , greed , ego that causes my existence - the polluted energy .Buddhism is a PROCESS that will free me , by my own realization from myself .

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149641
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
02:45PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

What am I ? To me currently- I am emptiness .............by "myself" is all my desire / emotions , love , compassion , greed , ego that causes my existence - the polluted energy .Buddhism is a PROCESS that will free me , by my own realization from myself .

"

Who is looking and seeing all desire, emotions, and all of that? Who or what is seeing that?
And who is thinking "causes my existence" and "polluted energy"?

Is the one looking the same as the one thinking? Or is the thinking also something being watched by the one looking and seeing?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149645
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.03.2013
02:47PM EDT 
vertical line Just curious. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149646
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
03:11AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

Who is looking and seeing all desire, emotions, and all of that? Who or what is seeing that?

Is the one looking the same as the one thinking? Or is the thinking also something being watched by the one looking and seeing?

"

"

"

"MYSELF" .......the awaken self , the same self that full of desire , the same self that crying in funeral , enjoying sex.......the same one that learned Buddhism .

Buddhism is a PROCESS that will bring out the awaken self and acceptance on this self leading to freedom of this self ......be in emptiness . Is always myself that think , that regrets , that cut own hand on own will ...never others ................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149681
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.04.2013
05:22AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

"

"

"

"MYSELF" .......the awaken self , the same self that full of desire , the same self that crying in funeral , enjoying sex.......the same one that learned Buddhism .

Buddhism is a PROCESS that will bring out the awaken self and acceptance on this self leading to freedom of this self ......be in emptiness . Is always myself that think , that regrets , that cut own hand on own will ...never others ................

Thks

CSEe

"

If you want freedom from self, maybe it would be good to pay more attention to others.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
07:27AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

If you want freedom from self, maybe it would be good to pay more attention to others.
"

"

"

What makes you believe I never pay attention to others ? As I had said before , to me Buddhism is learning to accept 'ownself" and free of it NOT creating more self ........so all actions / re-action / nature by others or ownself is a great source for learning .......that is why I am here my friend , to debate with others for my own learning progress ........I always answer all question put to me ,and always consider all suggestion for me and always give a due consideration ....dear friend , if I follow your path this does not means I against it or disagree with you ...simply thats your path ...and I have option to my path .

To me there is no right path or wrong path , good act or bad act in Buddhism as all action / path is a source of learning ........

In most if not all Buddhism website , too many people want me to follow their path / their beliefs and always declined to debate with me ...........I hope you could understand that I am always ready to change provided it fit in my awareness / my senses but if not I still consider it perhaps in the future.

why cant we debate and be friend for doing that .

Thks

CSEe 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149688
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.04.2013
07:23PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

What makes you believe I never pay attention to others ? As I had said before , to me Buddhism is learning to accept 'ownself" and free of it NOT creating more self ........so all actions / re-action / nature by others or ownself is a great source for learning .......that is why I am here my friend , to debate with others for my own learning progress ........I always answer all question put to me ,and always consider all suggestion for me and always give a due consideration ....dear friend , if I follow your path this does not means I against it or disagree with you ...simply thats your path ...and I have option to my path .

To me there is no right path or wrong path , good act or bad act in Buddhism as all action / path is a source of learning ........

In most if not all Buddhism website , too many people want me to follow their path / their beliefs and always declined to debate with me ...........I hope you could understand that I am always ready to change provided it fit in my awareness / my senses but if not I still consider it perhaps in the future.

Thks

CSEe 

"

I didn't say anything about a path, because I'm not concerned with paths. You are you, and I am me. That's enough. No "path" is necessary there.

You're concerned with being free of your "self" which you defined as emotions and stuff, so I suggested paying more attention to "others". That way, your mind is not on "self" but is on "others". Then, when "self" and "others" become more harmonious and suddenly you realize there is no difference, BOOM!! your mind will be free of "self".
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149691
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.04.2013
10:49PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe 

"

I didn't say anything about a path, because I'm not concerned with paths. You are you, and I am me. That's enough. No "path" is necessary there.

You're concerned with being free of your "self" which you defined as emotions and stuff, so I suggested paying more attention to "others". That way, your mind is not on "self" but is on "others". Then, when "self" and "others" become more harmonious and suddenly you realize there is no difference, BOOM!! your mind will be free of "self".
"

"

"

Dear sir , pls dont be mis-understand me , I am not trying to be confrontational or against you ......just that in my current opinion Buddhism is all about SAME and EQUAL therefore EVEN BEFORE I " pay intention to others " I should understand that I am SAME and EQUAL to all being whether living or non-living ....and all being even the dust under my shoe is teacher to me SAME and EQUAL as Dalai Lama .....only with that level of acceptance I could free from ego / pride to learn purity from all .......so sir , I realize I am no different to others BEFORE I pay attention to them NOT after .....................

I of current view that as long as there is a "mind" I will never free from self because mind is the reflection of self .....Buddhism to me is experiencing , discovering all emotions , desire in action , re-action or intention .............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149693
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.05.2013
12:45AM EDT 
vertical line Hmm, where's AVATAR when in need of an alter EGO?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149700
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.05.2013
01:10AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

Thks
CSEe
"

"

Thks

CSEe,

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

What are you?

"

"

What are you?

"

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Thks

CSEe 

"

"

"

"

Dear sir , pls dont be mis-understand me , I am not trying to be confrontational or against you ......just that in my current opinion Buddhism is all about SAME and EQUAL therefore EVEN BEFORE I " pay intention to others " I should understand that I am SAME and EQUAL to all being whether living or non-living ....and all being even the dust under my shoe is teacher to me SAME and EQUAL as Dalai Lama .....only with that level of acceptance I could free from ego / pride to learn purity from all .......so sir , I realize I am no different to others BEFORE I pay attention to them NOT after .....................

I of current view that as long as there is a "mind" I will never free from self because mind is the reflection of self .....Buddhism to me is experiencing , discovering all emotions , desire in action , re-action or intention .............

Thks

CSEe

"

Sorry, I meant no distinction, not "no difference.". Same as SAME, not same as equal. Anyway, I made the suggestion. It is up to you whether or not to practice it. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149701
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.05.2013
01:17AM EDT 
vertical line Like looking at the green grass. One person says, "That's grass!" The other person says, "No, that's green!"

But grass and green are not two different things there. You know?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149702
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.05.2013
03:01AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Hi esoteric , you said " Sorry, I meant no distinction, not "no difference.". Same as SAME, not same as equal. Anyway, I made the suggestion. It is up to you whether or not to practice it. :-)

In my current understanding Equal means nothing is more or less ...for example you are human , I am human thats make us SAME as human ....but if we focus on our knowledge , entertaining our ego , we will accept the differences ...thats will lead to distiction or differences NOT EQUAL . In my current understanding of Buddhism , all being are SAME and EQUAL ........no one or anything more or less than others . Siddharta is SAME and EQUAL as the dust on your table , Dalai Lama is SAMe and EQUAL as Osama ...I am SAME and EQUAL as the rubbish outside your house .

Only with that level of awareness / acceptance , one could see himself and towards freedom of self .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149710
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.05.2013
03:09AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Like looking at the green grass. One person says, "That's grass!" The other person says, "No, that's green!"

"

"The grass or the green " is being never related to both person and is both person learning lesson to discover ........both answer is NEVER right or WRONG . Buddhism is a PROCESS that both person will understand / discover their desire / emotion for " the grass or the green".....................

Is all up to you my friend , is your learning process , To me if we base on knowledge and defended it , we will always be the one we already know and be the one we wish to know ...............Buddhism is beyond knowledge ............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149711
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.05.2013
04:39AM EDT 

Quote: "Like looking at the green grass. One person says, "That's grass!" The other person says, "No, that's green!"

"

"The grass or the green " is being never related to both person and is both person learning lesson to discover ........both answer is NEVER right or WRONG . Buddhism is a PROCESS that both person will understand / discover their desire / emotion for " the grass or the green".....................

Is all up to you my friend , is your learning process , To me if we base on knowledge and defended it , we will always be the one we already know and be the one we wish to know ...............Buddhism is beyond knowledge ............

Thks

CSEe

"

So why do you want to debate?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149714
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.05.2013
07:15AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Because I want to learn..........you see my friend , in all activities in our daily life is part of Buddhism , all is great source to learn discover "OWNSELF" so whether seeing a bird on the tree , looking at a pen on the table , understanding the life of a virus , gossiping on Beyonce love life , knowing Osama action , listening to Dalai Lama talks is all a great source to discover ownself . Basicly all is great source for uncover ownself .................to me I really likes debate , because when we debate I could explore all areas of my awareness , challenging all my ego , my pride , my knowledge , my understanding , my desire / emotions , love , hate , anger etc ...so when we debate I will explore all my senses to explore myself and this will makes me more understand on my desire / emotions .and perhaps even factor that could change me .

So even if I could not agree with you NOW but this will always a part of my lesson perhaps I could agree with you after I progress into greater realization .

When we debate , I never had any emotion to defend my view or influence you but sincerely I just want to understand your emotions .....by understanding your emotions , your acceptance on the knowledge , your understanding on your journey , I will see myself . You will be a mirror for me to experience "myself" , my anger / my pride , my love ...and this will make me progress into greater understanding on myself .

When we debate ...I will always learn from you whether from your question , your understanding or my own explaination to you because debate could pushes me beyond my "normal awareness" into better understanding on ownself .

So sir , if can I really hope to debate with as many people as I could .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149718
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.06.2013
06:56PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "

"

Thks

CSEe

"

"

"

"

Because I want to learn..........you see my friend , in all activities in our daily life is part of Buddhism , all is great source to learn discover "OWNSELF" so whether seeing a bird on the tree , looking at a pen on the table , understanding the life of a virus , gossiping on Beyonce love life , knowing Osama action , listening to Dalai Lama talks is all a great source to discover ownself . Basicly all is great source for uncover ownself .................to me I really likes debate , because when we debate I could explore all areas of my awareness , challenging all my ego , my pride , my knowledge , my understanding , my desire / emotions , love , hate , anger etc ...so when we debate I will explore all my senses to explore myself and this will makes me more understand on my desire / emotions .and perhaps even factor that could change me .

So even if I could not agree with you NOW but this will always a part of my lesson perhaps I could agree with you after I progress into greater realization .

When we debate , I never had any emotion to defend my view or influence you but sincerely I just want to understand your emotions .....by understanding your emotions , your acceptance on the knowledge , your understanding on your journey , I will see myself . You will be a mirror for me to experience "myself" , my anger / my pride , my love ...and this will make me progress into greater understanding on myself .

When we debate ...I will always learn from you whether from your question , your understanding or my own explaination to you because debate could pushes me beyond my "normal awareness" into better understanding on ownself .

So sir , if can I really hope to debate with as many people as I could .

Thks

CSEe

"

Curiosity. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149747
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MONASTERE DE KARSKA
by Olivier Follmi
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s