history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Dec 20 2014 09:37PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ryokan, a Zen master, lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening a thief visited the hut only to discover there was nothing to steal. Ryokan returned and caught him. "You have come a long way... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: HELP!
vertical line Posted on Feb.06.2013 @ 04:05PM EDT by zenlotus
I think about death a lot of the time. I believe that i will be reincarnated but i worry that my mind willbe destroyed- I will not be the same person any more. What should i do?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.06.2013
04:56PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Death is not mysterious. Be close with life and know death. It is an important matter.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149741
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.06.2013
06:25PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

To me thinking of death is a process of awakening and perhaps this is part of the reason Mr Siddharta's search . I fear death to max at the age of 10 and that extreame emotions lead me to Buddhism and by understanding Buddhism ( from what I understand it ) , I found freedom , peace and less fear ........each day I still think of death , each moment in my life since age 10 but this emotions is now becoming freedom .........

My understanding of Buddhism lead me to understand that NOTHING is belong to me NOR my family , all my belongings EVEN my body ....I never owned them . All beings -whether "my" daughter , "my" phone , "my" shirts , "my" body is all a being SAME and EQUAL as me in each own process releasing its own polluted energy back into nothingness / emptiness .

As human , my polluted energy that what commonly known as " self" is consisted of all my emotions , desire , compassion , greed , knowledge etc that attached to ME- the nothingness ...I am emptiness , I am nothingness and MYSELF is all my emotions . My emotions of desire , will , determination etc is the cause of my existence and I will always exist in a circle of birth / life/ death as long as I have the desire , the will to exist ......my emotions of greed , ego had mis-leading my existence causing joy and sorrow .

So Buddhism is a NATURAL PROCESS of all existence releasing its energy back into original condition of emptiness . As human , Buddhism is a PROCESS I will discover , experience , know , understand MYSELF by being AWAKE , by my OWN realization leading to emptiness .......

So my friend you are NOT alone , billions of people fear death but understanding of Buddhism is to me the best answer ............................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149742
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.06.2013
06:35PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I think about death a lot of the time. I believe that i will be reincarnated but i worry that my mind will be destroyed- I will not be the same person any more. What should i do?

What should you do??
What do you want??
Do you want to reincarnated as yourself with everything your mind now has??
Have you ever seen a baby with the mind of a full grown adult??  ..... hahaha

Don't know what you should do.
If you find out then let us know
In the meanwhile, you could read about Buddhism and practice meditation??
Maybe find a Zen teacher and learn, practice and grow??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149743
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.06.2013
06:43PM EDT 
vertical line Posted on Jan.13.2008 07:05AM GMT-5 by chontri

"
Each day one step.
Each step gets closer to graveyard or crematory.
What would one do with the rest of the days of his lifetime on this earth?
"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149744
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.06.2013
06:50PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

I think about death a lot of the time. I believe that i will be reincarnated but i worry that my mind willbe destroyed- I will not be the same person any more. What should i do?

"

Just go ahead and die thoroughly to yourself right now, and live forever. No more time wasted worrying about it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149745
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.06.2013
06:51PM EDT 
vertical line Either way, you will not be the same person any more anyway. 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149746
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.06.2013
07:09PM EDT 
vertical line Who cares? Douh, we`ll all are going to die (except for a small samaritan sect in Nablus whom might be given eternal life by the grace of Jesus), at most a relatively few years from now so what`s the rush? Only thing certain is life as we know it will end, and then we`ll either know or it will not matter.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149748
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.06.2013
07:16PM EDT 
vertical line (same person? We are not the same person going to bed as we were yesterday, and that is no zen gibberish if one stops to Think about it (as the mood swings) What happened to that selfish little crying infant U once were?? Oboy, totally gone, lost forever!!)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149749
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.06.2013
07:32PM EDT 
vertical line Ps, Just thought I might also throw 2,50 in continental greenback into the confusion, and I`m not sleepy yet.
U might like to know that, yes, death is quite a conundrum for the Galactic Council too. For instance in the case of the people of the galactic confederation vs Ryan Cooperation there was this legal battle of what constituted someone as dead.
The Ryan Cooperation’s teleporters was in use for many years and the most common way of travel right up to the infamous Timothy incident where this Timothy dude was cloned 18 times due to a malfunction that revealed how the secret patented system worked by essentially disintegrating all the atoms of the person traveling and then make an exact copy of the arrangement of atoms and energy at the destination point.
Off course people became enraged, knowing that they essentially was killed off and replaced by a replication every time they used the teleporters.
But the legal suit turned into nothing as no one could claim to have known or felt any ill effect from using the system, and all the matter constituting a person anyway was totally renewed and not a single cell of the original entity remained after 7 year cycles anyhow.
(Some say the outcome of this legal battle was heavily influenced by the judge being appointed by Scworchlik, the Galactic Wise President and former CEO of Ryan Cooperation.)
Anyway, hope you enjoyed the story and let`s all hope to figure out what happens when we die some day.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149750
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.06.2013
11:27PM EDT 
vertical line I told you over and over again.. Just Stop Thinking... just eat watermelon... and everything will be solved...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149753
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from IZIZIZ
Feb.07.2013
02:21AM EDT 
vertical line Posted on Dec.03.2011 @ 09:36PM GMT+10 by IZIZIZ

As I have stated I do not know myself to be re-incarnated, therefore I do not know myself to be such.

I don’t need beliefs of any kind, for a belief is a belief and that’s all. The truth is something else.

I have come to learn that life mirrors my thoughts and feelings.

I feel and experience that my outlook and my karma are the one.

I am the continuance of many humans (as far as I know I think they have all been humans?), so I am a genetic cocktail of many before me.

This makes me this mix that I am.

This makes me what I am, what I think and feel.

This is at the same time my karma, for without thought and feeling karma serves no-one.

I serve myself with karma.

Being continuance and Karma. Me.

There is no need for a debt belief system. No need for a re-incarnation belief.

When I sit and know myself for the continuance that I am. The karma that is me. In and out.

I am faced with me, the reckoning, and karma is the way.

There is in-carnation, there is reckoning.

Re-incarnation is Buddhist religionist belief.

It is a method to bestow guilt, which is what controlling people want.

If the Buddha recalled past lives. Who had passed and what did Buddha recall?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149754
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.07.2013
05:11AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Posted on Dec.03.2011 @ 09:36PM GMT+10 by IZIZIZ

"

The Buddha replied, "... such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements as though caught by thorns. They bring about anger, delusion, and argument and they do not bring about peace, knowledge, or wisdom leading to enlightenment. I do not take up any of these ideas."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149758
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.07.2013
09:30AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Posted on Dec.03.2011 @ 09:36PM GMT+10 by IZIZIZ

"

The Buddha replied, "... such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements as though caught by thorns. They bring about anger, delusion, and argument and they do not bring about peace, knowledge, or wisdom leading to enlightenment. I do not take up any of these ideas."
"

Good morning. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149759
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.07.2013
11:06AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Quote: "I think about death a lot of the time. I believe that i will be reincarnated but i worry that my mind willbe destroyed- I will not be the same person any more. What should i do?"

My advice:

This and these kind of thoughts are just noise.Get rid of these ideas.And you will see the right way.It is the main road.and it is out of your current understanding!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149760
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.07.2013
02:26PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "I think about death a lot of the time. I believe that i will be reincarnated but i worry that my mind willbe destroyed- I will not be the same person any more. What should i do?"

My advice:

This and these kind of thoughts are just noise.Get rid of these ideas.And you will see the right way.It is the main road.and it is out of your current understanding!

"

No, not noise but the beginning of the quest for the answers.
If you bring this to heart and ponder it until no other occupy your mind then you may find an answer. I wish you the best of luck.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149762
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.08.2013
10:26PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

My advice:

"

No, not noise but the beginning of the loudest bust'n for the answers.
If you bring this to heart and launder it until no other clothing occupies your mind then you may find an answer clean, washed, and perhaps pressed, new stuff to wear and look cool. I wish you the best of luck.
"

Can this be done by hand?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149769
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.09.2013
03:25AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Posted on Dec.03.2011 @ 09:36PM GMT+10 by IZIZIZ

"

"

So isn't ideas thoughts by thinking? So the Buddha is saying stop thinking...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149770
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.09.2013
03:55AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Can Buddha say whatever he wants?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149771
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.09.2013
04:15AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Can Buddha say whatever he wants?"

No.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149773
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.09.2013
06:31AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

What is Buddha ? Is the person named as Siddharta or after he so call " enlighterned" ? Or is the emptiness introduced by Mr Siddharta?......what is your reasons to your understanding .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149774
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.09.2013
12:31PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Can this be done by hand?
"

We all know what you do by hand ... hahahaa
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149776
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN
by Peggy Moquay
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s