history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Dec 18 2014 05:28AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: ZEB FORUMS
vertical line Posted on Feb.16.2013 @ 05:28PM EDT by leoj99
Zen Forums.

I think Zen Forums has made Zen a practice of philosophizing.
Some Zen Forums has so many categories and subdivisions.
It seems they think that Zen is the more complicated the better.
And I think Zen Forums has accumulated mountains and mountains of garbage. They had made Zen a philosophy. They always start with the idea of Zen.

Zen is simplifying. Simplicity.
But Zen Forums has made it so complicated.

I think Zenquide at least is the simplest.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.16.2013
06:28PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149979
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.16.2013
06:41PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line If you have wisdom all is simple.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149980
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.16.2013
10:27PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Just sharing , I do not trying to explain " Zen" as I really do not know the meaning or what should it means .....but since "zen" said to be closely discuss along Buddhism ...I just would like to share some views .

In my opinion , Buddhism is VERY EASY to understand , the concept of Buddhism is VERY SIMPLE and to me had give reason for all question or answer ...........the challenge is NOT JUST  to understand Buddhism but to accept OWNSELVE .............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149981
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.16.2013
10:57PM EDT 
vertical line So anyone in Zen Forums got enlightened?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149982
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.17.2013
12:23AM EDT 
vertical line There Is No Tomorrow
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149989
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.17.2013
01:27AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "So anyone in Zen Forums got enlightened? "

To me " enlightened" is a condition one accepted themselves .....so if DAlai Lama accepted himself perhaps he will have no desire to teach ...even to talk of any topic ...

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149993
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.17.2013
02:23AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "So anyone in Zen Forums got enlightened? "

To me " enlightened" is a condition one accepted themselves .....so if DAlai Lama accepted himself perhaps he will have no desire to teach ...even to talk of any topic ...

Thks

CSEe

"

If Dalai Lama acted any different than Dalai Lama, it would mean he had not accepted Dalai Lama.

"...he will have no desire to teach ...even talk of any topic" means that you have not accepted Dalai Lama.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149995
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.17.2013
02:33AM EDT 
vertical line A human being just says what he or she needs to say, and doesn't say what he or she doesn't need to say.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149996
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.17.2013
02:51AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear esoteric , you said i quote 'If Dalai Lama acted any different than Dalai Lama, it would mean he had not accepted Dalai Lama.' Un-quote

in my current understanding of Buddhism , accepting ownselves will lead to decreasing " the self" into no self - the emptiness NOT to increase " the self".........

Buddhism is a PROCESS leading to NOBODY not SOMEBODY ........

Dear esoteric " you said I quote '"...he will have no desire to teach ...even talk of any topic" means that you have not accepted Dalai Lama." un-quote

In my current understanding of Buddhism Dalai Lama is and will always be teacher to me SAME as YOU , SAME as Osama , SAME and EQUAL as the dirt under your shoes .....should I accept him differently ? Lets debate ......................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 149998
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.20.2013
09:56AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "

Dear esoteric , you said i quote 'If Dalai Lama acted any different than Dalai Lama, it would mean he had not accepted Dalai Lama.' Un-quote

in my current understanding of Buddhism , accepting ownselves will lead to decreasing " the self" into no self - the emptiness NOT to increase " the self".........

Buddhism is a PROCESS leading to NOBODY not SOMEBODY ........

Dear esoteric " you said I quote '"...he will have no desire to teach ...even talk of any topic" means that you have not accepted Dalai Lama." un-quote

In my current understanding of Buddhism Dalai Lama is and will always be teacher to me SAME as YOU , SAME as Osama , SAME and EQUAL as the dirt under your shoes .....should I accept him differently ? Lets debate ......................

Thks

CSEe

"

Debate what? Whether we should treat the Dalai Lama like dogcrap?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150055
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.20.2013
10:11AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line NO, to be serious for a nanosecond I find ZFI pretty good. It's more strictly moderated and people are quite a bit more serious and intellectual than they are here and discourage negativity whereas here you can be as negative as you like lol.

Also they've got qualified (with certificate to prove it lol) monks and teachers who offer advice (how to stop smoking and thinking and start living!) too and a lot of them end their posts with gasshos (then again they've got smileys - some of them animated - where you can stick your tongue out at everyone, which is an excellent idea etc.)

I suppose it's courses for horses of a different colour (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor). :P Gash oh!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150056
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.20.2013
01:42PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "NO, to be serious for a nanosecond I find ZFI pretty good. It's more strictly moderated and people are quite a bit more serious and intellectual than they are here and discourage negativity whereas here you can be as negative as you like lol.

Also they've got qualified (with certificate to prove it lol) monks and teachers who offer advice (how to stop smoking and thinking and start living!) too and a lot of them end their posts with gasshos (then again they've got smileys - some of them animated - where you can stick your tongue out at everyone, which is an excellent idea etc.)

I suppose it's courses for horses of a different colour (if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor). :P Gash oh!
"

ZFI format is strict and in line with what the owner wants in a Zen forum.
Zen guide is much more like what would happen in an open forum.
People aren't just negative here. They show their attitude and accomplishments here in a way that ZFI could never do.
As for certificate to prove their qualified .... :P
I don't believe Buddha ever got a certificate. But, I would much rather have Buddha as my teacher than any of those at ZFI.
Oh, you could go to treeleaf. That's Jundo Cohen's site.
He only allows his approved students to be there.
No one else is allowed to post. And, there you have more censorship.
You want like minded people and yes men following you around????
Or would you rather have an open forum with the likes of the awakened spreading their cheer .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150057
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.20.2013
07:08PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "You want like minded people and yes men following you around????
"

They do elsewhere but not here, obviously. :)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150059
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
12:11AM EDT 
vertical line Like minded people and no negativity... what is negativity? When you don't like what others posted...lol

I think ZFI is like a religious institution.. they don't want they bosses to be crossed...lol .. so many egoistic moderators..lol.
and their posts are hundred pages...lol

And look at their topics mostly trivial matters..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150060
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from meditate28
Feb.21.2013
01:06AM EDT 
Email meditate28
vertical line I agree to a bit of what I think you are saying.  It seems that so many people have complicated and lengthy points of view and rules when it comes to living a zen life.  Shouldn't being zen and balanced be a natural and effortless task.  Inner peace should take over and one really doesn't need to toil and work at living a zen life.  It really defeats the purpose as far as I'm concerned when it comes to living a balanced and zen life.  Guidelines and heavy controls being placed on oneself makes living a balanced zen life seem stressful.  It should just happen naturally.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150064
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
01:15AM EDT 
vertical line Exactly. Life should always be spontaneous..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150065
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
01:16AM EDT 
vertical line Too much thinking and talking spoils it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150066
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.21.2013
05:17AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line There's nothing wrong with thinking if it's positive, creative and not deluded, neurotic, negative and obsessive.

To suggest that we should go around not thinking all the time, 24/7, is a nonsense and frankly a misunderstanding of what Zen is about.

Some people have got jobs in which they have to think or they wouldn't be able to do them.

Of course some jobs don't require real thinking, like being a political leader or conceptual artist.

You have to think to become a competent piano player. Then, when you become a virtuoso, you don't have to think so much if at all as it's by then all in the fingers.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150067
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.21.2013
05:28AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "NO, to be serious for a nanosecond I find ZFI pretty good. It's more strictly moderated and people are quite a bit more serious and intellectual than they are here and discourage negativity whereas here you can be as negative as you like lol.

"

ZFI format is strict and in line with what the owner wants in a Zen forum.
Zen guide is much more like what would happen in an open forum.
People aren't just negative here. They show their attitude and accomplishments here in a way that ZFI could never do.
As for certificate to prove their qualified .... :P
I don't believe Buddha ever got a certificate. But, I would much rather have Buddha as my teacher than any of those at ZFI.
Oh, you could go to treeleaf. That's Jundo Cohen's site.
He only allows his approved students to be there.
No one else is allowed to post. And, there you have more censorship.
You want like minded people and yes men following you around????
Or would you rather have an open forum with the likes of the awakened spreading their cheer .... hahahaha
"

I'm glad you laughed at the end so I didn't have to take what you'd said seriously hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150068
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.21.2013
05:54AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "Like minded people and no negativity... what is negativity? When you don't like what others posted...lol

I think ZFI is like a religious institution.. they don't want they bosses to be crossed...lol .. so many egoistic moderators..lol.
and their posts are hundred pages...lol

And look at their topics mostly trivial matters..lol

"

That's utter nonsense to say that ZFI's topics are mostly trivial.
There's one at the moment on 'what should Zen practitioners drink?'
lol

As if the topics here aren't trivial too a good bit of the time.

Fact is the ZG is better in some ways than ZFI and worse in others.
Depends what you're looking for. ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously and ZG is for Zen fools, crazy wisdom, beautiful and not so beautiful nonsense, Beat Zen, DeadBeat Zen, wise guys, stand up comedians, jokers, know-alls, know-nothings, Zen trolls and every type of spiritual outsider, back row heckler, kook and maverick ha ha ha Gassho
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150069
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.21.2013
08:00AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line and who is the maverick?....lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150070
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.21.2013
11:42AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I'm glad you laughed at the end so I didn't have to take what you'd said seriously hahahaha"

I laugh cause there is nothing in this world that should be taken so seriously as to induce other types of emotions such as anger or frustration or sadness.
What I said is my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion.
If the two don't jive then great. If they do then great.
What you get out depends on what you put in ...   hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150071
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.21.2013
11:50AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Fact is the ZG is better in some ways than ZFI and worse in others.
Depends what you're looking for. ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously and ZG is for Zen fools, crazy wisdom, beautiful and not so beautiful nonsense, Beat Zen, DeadBeat Zen, wise guys, stand up comedians, jokers, know-alls, know-nothings, Zen trolls and every type of spiritual outsider, back row heckler, kook and maverick ha ha ha Gassho
"

Zen guide allows for anyone, who wants to start learning, to find a start.
There is no pushing to find a teacher and sangha.
It lets the idle curious ask questions and participate.
It lets the awaken to add quips ... a lively exchange.
ZFI is more for serious students. People who have a good back ground in Buddhism.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150072
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.21.2013
01:44PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously"

If they're so serious then why all the blabbing about Zen. HAHAHAHA!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150074
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.21.2013
04:42PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously"

"

Practice.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150076
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.21.2013
05:38PM EDT 
vertical line Blabbing practice. HEHE...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150078
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
11:12PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah they are mostly babbling about Zen at ZFI. Even the Teachers. Look at their posts too long to read,  I think they are either like to confuse beginners even more or they are confused themselves.

So what should Zen people drink...lol.. the most trivial topic....
The first time I heard there is a Zen drink.. I hope it is not cola..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150080
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
11:21PM EDT 
vertical line ZG has no categories and subdivisions.. just posts what you like.. more spontaneous and no categorizing..

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150081
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.21.2013
11:32PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously"

"

Yeah wondering why...?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150083
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.23.2013
10:04PM EDT 
vertical line It's just what Zebs do.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150116
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
12:48AM EDT 
vertical line Yeah.. thats why I said Zeb...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150122
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.24.2013
05:28AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "Yeah.. thats why I said Zeb...lol

"

I assumed it was another one of your typos.

Spontaneous yes. Spontaneous anger and frustration are better than formalized and artificial politeness. Sometimes my words might sound angry when I'm not. I the best judge of when I'm angry.

And I'm the best judge of when I'm laughing and who I'm laughing at or with ha ha ha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150123
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.24.2013
05:18PM EDT 
vertical line (Looking at my keyboard I find it more interesting how it is technically feasible to accidently type a Q instead of G:))
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150137
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.26.2013
05:04AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously"

"

Yeah wondering why...?
"

I'm wondering why you blab on about Zen all the time to be honest.
It's a wonder you find time to meditate at all ha ha ha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150188
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.26.2013
08:25AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

"Pir Pir Pir Pir Pir" ("whir of a bird's wings" in my language) 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150189
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.26.2013
08:29AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Or most correctly;

"PIR PIR PIR PIR PIR"

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150190
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.26.2013
11:37AM EDT 
vertical line Like Turkish? (no easy google:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150194
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.26.2013
11:46AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line yeap
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150196
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.27.2013
12:08AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "ZFI is more for serious intellectual types who know what punctuation and syntax are, take Zen and enlightenment seriously"

"

Yeah wondering why...?
"

I'm wondering why you blab on about Zen all the time to be honest.
It's a wonder you find time to meditate at all ha ha ha
"

I think you are dreaming. Where did I blab about Zen..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150210
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.27.2013
12:10PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I think you are dreaming. Where did I blab about Zen..lol
"

Hahaha ....!!!!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150225
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MIROKOKU-BOSATSU (MAITREYA)
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s