history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Jul 23 2014 01:56AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Suiwo, the disciple of Hakuin, was a good teacher. On a certain day a certain pupil came to him, and Suiwo gave him the problem, "Hear the sound of one hand." The pupil remained three years, but could not pass the test. One night he came... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE RAIN
vertical line Posted on Feb.17.2013 @ 05:57PM EDT by leoj99
The Rain by Julio Robles:

"Every single thought is like a drop of rain, the stronger the rain, the less visibility for your mind, only when the rain stops the mind can see everything clear and far. "

https://plus.google.com/106153737913560870434/posts

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.17.2013
06:13PM EDT 
vertical line The Rain
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150005
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Feb.17.2013
06:53PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line What, specifically, constitutes a thought?  I fear I could not find a definition on Julio's page.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150010
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.17.2013
07:09PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line
The "pure mind" don`t born, is always there. We have all we need to survive this world. Julio Robles
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150011
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.17.2013
07:21PM EDT 
vertical line You mean you don't know what a thought is. You have been thinking all your life and you don't know what a thought is...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150012
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Feb.17.2013
08:18PM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Well, thoughts can mean many things.  But you seem to know a lot more about thoughts than I do, so I was hoping you could help me to recognize them.  
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150015
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.17.2013
08:29PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

YES , if you are focusing ON the rain FOR THE RAIN , NOT your reason for your thought of the the rain.......

If our thought is to gain knowledge , to find answer to fit our own question , to question to fit in our desire to know , to know just to fit in our ego to gain knowledge ...YES there are trillions thing to think about ...we will confuse by our ownselves ,

IF We MUST think how nature works , how things happen around us , to understand others lifelihood , others nature for the purpose to gain more knowledge ............just like if we spend our whole life trying to find out our neighbor affair, their family problems , their life.....this will influence our own life because we will be " living in their life" ......  the more we think on others ...the more the burden to understand others .......and we will create more " self" ,,,as our self increased , the burden on " self" increased ............................

Buddhism is to me a PROCESS to understand OWNSELVE ...learn from others to discover ownselves NOT to gain knowledge or even to keep that knowledge to create more self .....................Buddhism is a PROCESS to learn to discover ourselves leading to freedom of the self NOT to further increased it.............

So if our thought is purely focusing on "LEARNING" without any intention to "TEACH" or to "GAIN" something for keep............we will be "less burden" on ourselves...........

So if we debate just to learn from others NOT to teach others ...we will NEVER have any thing to lose but always gaining in the process of learning for freedom of ownselves.......................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150016
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.17.2013
10:32PM EDT 
vertical line Well if  you think.. you have thoughts thats it... any kind of thoughts.. those are all thoughts.. what is in your mind...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150023
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Feb.18.2013
02:02AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Well if  you think.. you have thoughts thats it... any kind of thoughts.. those are all thoughts.. what is in your mind... "

Mind full of "stop thinking" thoughts.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150028
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.18.2013
03:54AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Well if  you think.. you have thoughts thats it... any kind of thoughts.. those are all thoughts.. what is in your mind... "

POLLUTANT................is always pollutant that causes my thoughts , causes me to think , make me believe of my thought.................self realization is NOT resulted by thought , wish or desire ..........

all in in my mind is pollutant , my friend ..............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150029
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.18.2013
08:29PM EDT 
vertical line The mind is like snowflakes. Cold and wet.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150043
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZONE OF PEACE
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s