history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Oct 20 2014 12:22AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one
master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind,
Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist.
... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WHO FOUND NIRVANA?
vertical line Posted on Feb.24.2013 @ 04:02AM EDT by leoj99
Who found Nirvana?

The search for Nirvana is long and hard. So where and how most people are looking and searching.

Who in in Zen Forums found Nirvana? Have they found it by talking and posting long views?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.24.2013
06:41AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Perhaps in Buddhism , the more desire to search .......the more self created ..........and to me Buddhism is a process decreasing self into emptiness not increasing self back into existance ..........

Emptiness is not something to find or resulted from any practice or desire but is a condition after freedom of self ...........

In my current opinion , even Siddharta was never in emptiness .all his life ..........he just found out the understanding ..................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150125
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.24.2013
07:23AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

So the understanding is emptiness?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150126
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Feb.24.2013
07:24AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

nir : out, away from

va : blowing, as in blowing of the wind

Nirvana- blowing out

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150127
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.24.2013
08:36AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote "Who found Nirvana?

The search for Nirvana is long and hard. So where and how most people are looking and searching.

Who in in Zen Forums found Nirvana? Have they found it by talking and posting long views?

If you believe the search for Nirvana to be long and hard then it will be.
If you believe that no one has found Nirvana by visiting Zen forums then no one has ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150130
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.24.2013
08:38AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "

Perhaps in Buddhism , the more desire to search .......the more self created ..........and to me Buddhism is a process decreasing self into emptiness not increasing self back into existance ..........

Emptiness is not something to find or resulted from any practice or desire but is a condition after freedom of self ...........

In my current opinion , even Siddharta was never in emptiness .all his life ..........he just found out the understanding ..................

Thks

CSEe

"

That is your opinion!!!
Fact is stranger than fiction .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150131
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.24.2013
10:19AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

That is your opinion!!!
"

"

That is your opinion!!!
"

Hi friend , I thought I lost you ...thanks for your interest to continue debate with me ........what is fact in buddhism , master ?

In human culture , knowledge is the basis in human lifes so understanding of knowledge define " what is fact"...........but in my current opinion , there is nothing should be a "fact' or a confirmed right condition as all is in a moving process ....a constantly moving process that continue to change..............share you view my friend ........

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150134
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.24.2013
05:07PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

"
Not sure if anyone here has found youre nirvana leo, but I`ll keep a lookout and let you know right away if anything pops up, ok?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150135
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Feb.24.2013
07:44PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Much of that worldly anxiety burns out. Sweet dreams.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150140
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
08:08PM EDT 
vertical line Yeah it is my observation that it seems many people in Zen Forums have found Nirvana that is why they are talking long about it. Their views may be expressing Nirvana.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150142
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
08:10PM EDT 
vertical line But then I also observe that no one has said exactly what it is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150143
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.24.2013
08:37PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

To me , as the process of Buddhism , one will experience " less emotion" naturally ....one will be less desire , less will / determination , less hope . less compassion/love , less ego/greed etc ....so as one progress into greater realization of himself ...he will be less emotion for anything and everything so even he will be less thinking because the mind as reflection on a decreased self is also decreased ...so in Buddhism one will stop thinking naturally not by desire or plan or wish but as a reflection of a decreased self / decreased mind ......................

So with my current understanding , I cant find any logic to create desire to stop thinking and trying to practice to clear mind by a wish or any form of practice because to me Buddhism is a process where mind will be clear / empty naturally by self realization not by creating more self.

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150144
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
10:36PM EDT 
vertical line Ego, greed, suffering. etc... comes from thinking... so if you stop thinking they are gone...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150147
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
10:51PM EDT 
vertical line Maybe they are talking of Nirvana where they heard it somewhere. Somebody told them about it or they have read it in a book or books. Maybe that explains why they cannot really hit the target.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150148
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
10:56PM EDT 
vertical line And they talk forever about Nirvana...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150149
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.24.2013
10:58PM EDT 
vertical line Which is Zen. Zen is experiencing Nirvana.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150150
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.24.2013
11:33PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Ego, greed, suffering. etc... comes from thinking... so if you stop thinking they are gone... "

Perhaps , the desire to stop thinking is reflection of being ego , being confident , base on faith ...still polluted energy in action , still very much attached to the self . A car with different brand...

Buddhism is realization of all emotions , acceptance of all emotions , acceptance of self and emptiness ....leading to freedom of it naturally not by desire .

So in my current understanding , I could plan to stop thinking , practice all kind of meditation to free from thinking ....but still the polluted energy will still be with me as I still attached to the self ...........so to me , just like taking out a cup of water from the ocean ..........the ocean still there .............

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150151
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.25.2013
12:37AM EDT 
vertical line I guess you just debate with yourself so you will have your current understanding all by yourself...All by yourself...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150152
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.25.2013
01:13AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "I guess you just debate with yourself so you will have your current understanding all by yourself...All by yourself...lol "

My "current" understanding reflects on understnding on a particular time ......so is constantly moving .........yes , by challenging my current understanding , this is part of my learning process ..........so my current understanding is never stay or static by in constant motion .

Yes , with that " current" understanding is myself ,..........but is not something I wish to hae or I must have......but is something I learn , accept and leading to freedom of it .

You , my friend like the rest is my teacher ........providing me a lesson regardless what you do .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150153
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Sam Hardy
Feb.25.2013
05:48AM EDT 
Email Sam Hardy
vertical line Posts should get shorter and shorter and eventually disappear like Leoj’s thoughts (and posts) … OM OMG
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150157
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.25.2013
06:56AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Posts should get shorter and shorter and eventually disappear like Leoj’s thoughts (and posts) … OM OMG
"

Not going to happen .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150164
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Feb.25.2013
06:29PM EDT 
vertical line AVATAR
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150179
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA TRIPOT OIL BURNER
by Unknown
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s