history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Aug 01 2014 10:26PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day a Vinaya master asked a Zen master:
-How should one practice Tao?
The Zen master replied:
-Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired.
The Vinaya master said:
-Most people do that.
The Zen master... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: DO YOU NEED TO ACCEPT?
vertical line Posted on Feb.25.2013 @ 03:23AM EDT by leoj99
Most people say you have to accept what is - Acceptance of everything.

But why do you need to accept. Most things happens anyway even if you accept it or not.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.25.2013
06:08AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

In my current understanding , acceptance as in knowledge is not the same as in Buddhism .....In Buddhism acceptance is not resulted from a desire , or knowledge or wish or plan or any kind of practice ...but it is reflection from self realization .......

As human Buddhism s a process that will lead me to accept that nothing belong to me , all being same and equal that I am emptiness and my existance is cause by my polluted energy-my will / emotions etc ........

So is always my choice to learn and progress in the concept of Buddhism , but is also my choice to against Buddhism ...but no matter what I do eventually I will accept ...is just like whether I take a long / bumpy road or highway...................

The choice is always mine , caused by myself , resulted by myself ...........as all is in my own process into emptiness ......

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150161
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Feb.25.2013
06:08AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

In my current understanding , acceptance as in knowledge is not the same as in Buddhism .....In Buddhism acceptance is not resulted from a desire , or knowledge or wish or plan or any kind of practice ...but it is reflection from self realization .......

As human Buddhism s a process that will lead me to accept that nothing belong to me , all being same and equal that I am emptiness and my existance is cause by my polluted energy-my will / emotions etc ........

So is always my choice to learn and progress in the concept of Buddhism , but is also my choice to against Buddhism ...but no matter what I do eventually I will accept ...is just like whether I take a long / bumpy road or highway...................

The choice is always mine , caused by myself , resulted by myself ...........as all is in my own process into emptiness ......

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150162
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Mar.01.2013
08:32PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "

Thks

CSEe

"

Just pay attention and accept.

Don't worry about "nothing belong to me , all being same and equal that I am emptiness and my existance is cause by my polluted energy-my will / emotions etc ........"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150253
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
Mar.01.2013
08:33PM EDT 
vertical line Or you can pay attention and accept that thinking as thinking too, if you like.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150254
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.01.2013
11:01PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Or you can pay attention and accept that thinking as thinking too, if you like. "

In Buddhisdm acceptance is not resulted by desire or emotions or wish or plan or practice or practice by is a condition ........................

Just an example , when I was 5 years old I will cry if my mother refuse to give my toy ..........but now I am in different condition .

I progress into current stage not by plan , practice , desire to change or emotion to change myself ...but I had changed because I am in my process known as Buddhism..............I am in a condition when I am 5 years old , and  I am in condition now ..........so in Buddhism , I changed every moment in my life , death happens to me every moment same as birth...is only my knowledge confused me on the meaning of death and birth cause my suffering , is only my resistance / failling to realize myself makes me suffer ......is only my will to exist causes my to exist ...........if acceptance is resulted by emotion or desire it will still be part of polluted energy in myself .......I never worry of anything and hoping even not to worry of my emotion towards my family or my body ...........

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150255
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from boymonk
Mar.03.2013
05:43PM EDT 
vertical line If one does not accept a cheeseburger, for instance, then a cheeseburger will not be, eaten.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150267
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.03.2013
06:06PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "

Quote: "Or you can pay attention and accept that thinking as thinking too, if you like. "

In Buddhisdm acceptance is not resulted by desire or emotions or wish or plan or practice or practice by is a condition ........................

Just an example , when I was 5 years old I will cry if my mother refuse to give my toy ..........but now I am in different condition .

I progress into current stage not by plan , practice , desire to change or emotion to change myself ...but I had changed because I am in my process known as Buddhism..............I am in a condition when I am 5 years old , and  I am in condition now ..........so in Buddhism , I changed every moment in my life , death happens to me every moment same as birth...is only my knowledge confused me on the meaning of death and birth cause my suffering , is only my resistance / failling to realize myself makes me suffer ......is only my will to exist causes my to exist ...........if acceptance is resulted by emotion or desire it will still be part of polluted energy in myself .......I never worry of anything and hoping even not to worry of my emotion towards my family or my body ...........

Thks

CSEe

"

So, you are saying that growing from a five year old boy to a man is the process called Buddhism .... hahahaha

You changed caused your body and mind are programmed to change ... it is called growing up. Not Buddhism.

Don't take offense ... none is meant ... but if you read your words with a clear mind then you will see what you have wrote ... makes no sense .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150268
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.03.2013
10:05PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear Avisitor , you said  I quote " So, you are saying that growing from a five year old boy to a man is the process called Buddhism .... hahahaha"

The one growing up , transforming the shape is " body" not me- the emptiness , not myself-the emotion that attached to me .

So regardless " the body" or " myself" ........is progressing in the journey known to me as Buddhism.

Dear Avisitor , to me there is nothing not Buddhism , each moment in all living or non-living is Buddhism , So explain to me what is not Buddhism .........

Dear Avisitor , you said , I quote "You changed caused your body and mind are programmed to change ... it is called growing up. Not Buddhism."

That is what you being told by your parent , by your school teacher , by your sociaty and is your knowledge , you accepted that as your faith and the basis of your life ......you will always defended this knowledge and you will always be you .....by being you , you will always experience joy and suffer ......

Your knowledge had make you create faith , trying to resist the natural process of change ...trying to resist Buddhism ........and you will always find joy and suffering in your process but yet no matter how you will never outside of Buddhism ...just more suffering .........

Dear Avisitor , you said I quote " Don't take offense ... none is meant ... but if you read your words with a clear mind then you will see what you have wrote ... makes no sense .... hahahaha" Un-quote

Yes agreed ...that is why I am here , to challenge it never to defend it .............

Why dont you join me and challenge it .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150279
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.03.2013
10:14PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Are you kidding me?
You are the most ardent defender of his beliefs about Buddhism.
8 websites have banned you due to your constant defence of your misguided beliefs about Buddhism.
Join you??? ..... hahahaha
No way .... hahahaha

We can't agree on anything. Not even what is or is not Buddhism.
So there is no way to discuss Buddhism.
And, as I have said before, your beliefs aren't exactly wrong
But, you have to understand that what you believe in so ardently can only come from one who is awakened or enlightened in order for those words to have meaning or truth.
From you, they are just crap on a stick .... hahahaha

Please accept that you can not find your way to the truth about Buddhism until you can believe the real teachers of Buddhism. For you, Hitler and BUddha are the same ... learn from them then ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150280
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.04.2013
11:18AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Are you kidding me?
You are the most ardent defender of his beliefs about Buddhism.
8 websites have banned you due to your constant defence of your misguided beliefs about Buddhism.
Join you??? ..... hahahaha
No way .... hahahaha

We can't agree on anything. Not even what is or is not Buddhism.
So there is no way to discuss Buddhism.
And, as I have said before, your beliefs aren't exactly wrong
But, you have to understand that what you believe in so ardently can only come from one who is awakened or enlightened in order for those words to have meaning or truth.
From you, they are just crap on a stick .... hahahaha

Please accept that you can not find your way to the truth about Buddhism until you can believe the real teachers of Buddhism. For you, Hitler and BUddha are the same ... learn from them then ... hahahaha
"

My dearest Avisitor , for me you had debate with me many times on Buddhism but perhaps you havent acheive your intention but as for me I have learned from you .........

why are you so worry of what is "enlighterned" or the nature of awakened ? Why need to imagine the future but forgeting the present ...............why dont you live your life now my friend , forget about "enligterned' or awaken ...just awake in present moment .

I had answered all your question but seems to you there are many question from me you seems avoiding it .....but I respect your decision not to debate with me ..........

So dear friend , what is the differences betwwen Siddharta and Osama , or Siddharta and the pen on your table ?.....lets debate even invite more people to debate ...

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150286
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEDITATION I (SILVER FOIL STAMPED & EMBOSSED)
by Chris Paschke
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s
i