history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 24 2014 05:21PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen. Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring. The professor watched the overflow... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: CARLOS CASTANEDA
vertical line Posted on Feb.26.2013 @ 04:02PM EDT by QuantumZen
My scary curiosity lead me to stumble upon the name of Carlos Castaneda. I don't if it is worth to read books he wrote (I saw many people who seemed to be obsessed by these books). Did anyone of you read them?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email QuantumZen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Feb.26.2013
06:56PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I have read a few of his books quite some years ago.
For me, they are nothing but tales or stories.
He makes like his tales are for real and published them as non fiction.
I don't know and don't acre .... there is nothing there for me.
I do not live in a world of sorcery or take drugs to achieve a different state of awareness.

You may find them interesting.
I did at the time I read them.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150201
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Feb.26.2013
07:50PM EDT 
vertical line Sure youre not some kinda electronical boot whose whole exsistance is this forum dreaming of one day getting youre own private application pool?...:)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150206
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from JDonovan
Feb.28.2013
02:35AM EDT 
vertical line I was one of Castaneda's private students for a few years right before he died in 1998.  For several years prior to that I had been actively attempting to become a 'navigator of the universe' by following his teachings.  In other words, for a while I was somewhat delusional.  However, during that time I did nevertheless become an expert on the practice of 'aware dreaming', which happens to be real.

Now I'm the webmaster of the Castaneda site linked below, which in my opinion is the best source of real information on Castaneda on the internet:
http://sustainedaction.org/

Actually, the site is largely devoted to exposing the problems with Castaneda's claims.  Of particular note are the Chronologies sections on Castaneda and the so-called 'witches' who were his cohorts, and the Notes section which contains notes on Castaneda's private classes.  Both of those sections were written by Corey Donovan, another member of Castaneda's private classes and the original founder of the web site.  Many of the other articles on the site - such as those in the Explorations section - were written by me.  I hope you find it informative.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150235
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.28.2013
03:35AM EDT 
vertical line Sorry I don't read books...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150236
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Feb.28.2013
03:36AM EDT 
vertical line Plus I don't want to think..

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150237
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN
by Chris Simpson
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s