history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Oct 20 2014 05:11PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The Buddha once taught the Bhikkhus about the All:

"I will teach you the All. Listen closely. What is the All? It is eye and visible object,
ear and sound, nose and scent, tongue and taste, body and feelings, mind and ideas.
... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: IGNORANT TEACHER
vertical line Posted on Mar.03.2013 @ 10:36PM EDT by QuantumZen
I am merely a kid amazed by nice play of moonlight in the pond. I achieved no nirvana, I probably had no Kenso either. I haven't read thousands of sutras or vedas. Yet I like describing myself as a zen buddhist. It helps me to cope with some harsh events of reality and be positive all the time. Yet my Friends are suffering and as much as I'd like to say "just sit" to them, it doesn't work. Hence my question: Can I help them? (Or better stay silent at least not risking to do harm with misunderstandings of zen) And how? To many people "sit and breathe" sounds comical.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email QuantumZen
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.03.2013
11:10PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line "Just to sit, that is enough." -Suzuki

Own the humor in this statement and you'll never have trouble meditating, again.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150281
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN ELEMENTS
by Liu Chang
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s