history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Aug 29 2014 06:17AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time in a very nice city of ancient India, there were five blind young men were living together and getting along very well. They could share together many things they acquired materially and mentally. They could shared each other... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: OPENESS THAT'S ALWAYS HERE
vertical line Posted on Mar.04.2013 @ 04:12AM EDT by leoj99

Openess that's Always Here

Openess that's Always Here

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.04.2013
04:28AM EDT 
vertical line Non-duality, Zen, Advaita, Enlightenment, Awakening – What's it all about?

Non-duality, Zen, Advaita, Enlightenment, Awakening What's it all about?

It is the dissolution of every answer to that question.

Waking up to what is utterly immediate, completely unavoidable and impossible to doubt – this ever-present, ever-changing Here / Now that remains when every belief falls away – the simplicity of what is: the sounds of traffic, the smell of rain, a tingling in the feet, the hum of a vacuum cleaner, the cheeping of a bird, rain splashing in the street – colors, shapes, sensations – appearing, disappearing – breathing-seeing-hearing-sensing-thinking-awaring – dreaming, waking – this seamless and boundless unicity that never comes, never goes, and never stays the same.

Thought divides this boundlessness up into mind and body, form and emptiness, awareness and content, relative and absolute, spiritual and mundane, enlightenment and delusion, self and other. The dividing lines are always conceptual and imaginary. Reality is seamless, undivided and nondual. There is diversity and variation in reality, but not separation. Opposites are inseparable aspects of one whole. You cannot have up without down.

In the story of my life as a person, something always seems to be lacking. This phantom "me" feels separate and incomplete and tries desperately to get somewhere and become somebody. Finally, this "self" may seek enlightenment, striving for its own disappearance. But what exactly is this self? Was it ever here to begin with?

Is there really somebody at the center of this present experiencing Here / Now, somebody who is authoring "my" thoughts, making "my" choices and calling the shots in "my" life, or does every thought, intention, impulse, action and reaction appear here in the same way that the brain, the breath, the wind, the clouds, the trees, and the galaxies appear here?

Is clarity or confusion personal, does it have an owner, or is there simply weather appearing and disappearing, sometimes clear and sometimes cloudy? Can a mirage wake up from a mirage? Is there somebody to liberate, or is liberation simply the realization that boundlessness includes and is absolutely everything – the light and the dark, the contracted experiences and the expanded ones?

This boundless emptiness or unicity cannot be grasped or possessed, but it is always already fully present, for it is all there is. There is nothing else. Reality is completely inescapable and thus completely unattainable, for there is nothing apart from it to find it or lose it. It is what you cannot not be. If you are searching for it, the very searching is already it.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150283
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.04.2013
09:10AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Waking to the here and now??
No, just sit and practice ... awareness ... attention to the here and now
When you have achieve that the you may see some changes in your perception.
Other wise, you're just spouting words from your thinking .... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150285
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.05.2013
12:17AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Waking to the here and now??
No, just sit and practice ... awareness ... attention to the here and now
When you have achieve that the you may see some changes in your perception.
Other wise, you're just spouting words from your thinking .... hahaha
"
Well until now you don't know I am not thinking?...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150296
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.05.2013
12:17AM EDT 
vertical line How come all that you know is sit and practice...? ...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150297
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHIST MONKS IN TIBET
by Flip Chalfant
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s