history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Sep 23 2014 10:28PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Tetsugen, a devotee of Zen in Japan, decided to publish the sutras, which at that time were available only in Chinese. The books were to be printed with wood blocks in an edition of seven thousand copies, a tremendous undertaking.... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SEARCH FOR AN INTERNET FRIEND TO DISCUSS BUDDHISM
vertical line Posted on Mar.05.2013 @ 09:12PM EDT by Dani13
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie in this site. I'm Dania, a Muslim girl studying in Malaysia. I'm studying a subject on religions and the course requires me to find an internet friend to discuss on his/her religion for a number of weeks (at least one correspondence per week). I thought finding out more on Buddhism would be interesting, so here I am! So if anyone is interested to discuss with me, please do email me. Thank you! :)
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email Dani13
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.05.2013
10:52PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line What is it that you wish to know about Buddhism??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150317
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.06.2013
12:03AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Perhaps Buddhism was never , is not and will never be a religion .......................but that my current opinion ...........

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150319
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from QuantumZen
Mar.06.2013
06:07AM EDT 
Email QuantumZen
vertical line Nietzsche said, that Buddhism is in no way a religion, the best way to describe it is as soul hygiene.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150325
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.06.2013
08:16AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Nietzsche said, that Buddhism is in no way a religion, the best way to describe it is as soul hygiene."

To me , is perhaps the most logical explaination of all regards to any existance .......and is the only natural process of any existance not only human but all.............

siddharta had indeed break the secret code of all existance ...

thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150326
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from QuantumZen
Mar.06.2013
09:59AM EDT 
Email QuantumZen
vertical line It is the only self consistent theory of everything. There might be tons of theories (religions, science models, philosophical views) on reality, yet all come to circularities, contradictions or arbitrary definitions.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150327
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from nibble
Mar.06.2013
08:07PM EDT 
vertical line Hi there, there is similarities betwen buddhism and muslim faith, very much so as for getting caught up in desires and selishnes, as for muslim faith imo the focus is avoidance while buddhism is eliminating, but this might not be the right place as zen is a very clean variant of this path trying to releaseall bonds and connections even from the very words of buddha himself, while muslim is (maybe to much?) based on scriptures as for following rules and guidance in faith of it beeing in the right direction to God rather than "try and fail thousand times and figure out youreself" as many posters here are inclined to do. In reality zen is more "just meditate and focus awarness", and you might be more happy turning to a more "standard buddhism site" as for debating on a more philosopical level of doctrines, no direction is better or worse, just more suited for some people than others.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150328
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from the alan
Mar.10.2013
09:01PM EDT 
Email the alan
vertical line Dania,
Welcome. May I suggest reviewing the content from the rest of the site for background on Zen and Buddhism. Take a look at academic information on Wikipedia as well. Write down what you want to know more and start a new topic here with your question each week to use as a "correspondence".

Al
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150370
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Dani13
Mar.11.2013
02:59AM EDT 
Email Dani13
vertical line Thank you all for the replies. I would just like to know anything about Buddhism in general...its to gain a better knowledge on the religion. Alan, thanks for the advice. I'l see about it. :) 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150372
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from sherwinm42
Mar.21.2013
04:51AM EDT 
Email sherwinm42
vertical line Buddhism is not meant to be a religion. It doesn't impose God o dogmas to follow, but gives instruction on how to enlighten one's life. Buddhism teach every person that believes in its Dharma or law, that they should experience to do good and not just know what is good. Most of all Buddhism also concentrate on action rather than theories. Buddhism said that to be in Buddha nature, which is innate to us, one should understand the Four Noble Truth and practice the 8 Fold Path
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150470
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Mar.22.2013
02:43PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Hello Dania.Buddha means "awakened one".So you can guess what Buddhism is.

I'm living in a Muslim country too.But I chosed the way of Zen.Highly recommended!

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150489
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN
by Lucy Bishop
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s