history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Aug 01 2014 10:25PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  When Gensha Shibi, a Chinese Zen master, and a general were eating cakes together,
the general asked:
- What is it that's used everyday but not known?
The master handed a piece of cake to the general and said:
- Eat this... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE UNKNOWN
vertical line Posted on Mar.17.2013 @ 05:38PM EDT by leoj99
The Unknown.

The unknown is that what you cannot think of. Otherwise it would not be unknown. It will be known precisely because you think about it.

So the more you think the more unknown will manifest.
So how will you enter the unknown?
Stop  thinking ...lol.

Other names of the Unknown are: Emptiness, Enlightenment, Buddha Nature, Essential Nature,
It, This is It.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
06:14PM EDT 
vertical line If you always think the unknown will multiply.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150420
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.17.2013
06:45PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Suffer through and through, happily.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150421
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.17.2013
07:48PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Meditation manifests as a result of BEING.

Understanding is the fruit of meditation.

Unexcelled, complete enlightenment is a natural remedy.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150422
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
10:09PM EDT 
vertical line So the bottom line is the same. Stop Thinking. lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150423
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
10:10PM EDT 
vertical line And Zen is unknown too.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150424
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
10:37PM EDT 
vertical line But most people are scared not to think so what will we do.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150425
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.17.2013
10:40PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Perhaps Buddhism is all about desire " to know" , accepting the emotions leading to freedom of all emotions .......

There is nothing such as " known or un-known" in Buddhism ......there is nothing out there except ownselves........so nothing is actually need to know except " knowing" ownselves leading to accepting ownselves , freedom of ownselves .....

So why we need to know how universe works , how nature transform ? In Buddhism , we "know" others for own learning process to discover ownselves .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150426
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
10:41PM EDT 
vertical line I know that in Zen Forums they know so much about Zen but you cannot deny the fact that the something unknown about Zen is as vast as the Universe.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150427
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.17.2013
11:13PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "I know that in Zen Forums they know so much about Zen but you cannot deny the fact that the something unknown about Zen is as vast as the Universe. "

What is the "in-known" , my friend ? Why you need so much to know them ? What is "known" ? Why you have the desire to compare the " known" against " th un-known" ?........

If you trying to know , investigate just to gain knowledge , you will always exist in the circle of lifes , continue to exist in many-many lifes ......as long as you still have the emotion to know ...you will always exist as long as you still have the emotions / the desire in you ........................

In Buddhism , you just need to know YOURSELF , understanding your emotions , accepting yourselves and NATURALLY you will free from yourselves .......

There was never , is not and will never be " known or un-known" as NOTHING is related to you or connected to you or owned by you ........each being regardless the nature , livng or non-living is on each own process leading to emptiness ..............and none is related to you ....you are emptiness , yourself is all yor emotions that cause you to exist ...so if you keep on creating yourselves , you will always exist and you will always experience joy and suffering..........Buddhism is a NATURALL process that will detach you from yourselve back into nothingness................

So the choice is always yours , whether to take longer more suffering path , or shorter less suffering path ................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150428
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
11:44PM EDT 
vertical line Well in spite of all people's knowledge they are suffering. Because there is the unknown.  The vast space where they cannot thread.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150429
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.17.2013
11:50PM EDT 
vertical line http://www.zenguide.com/forum/view.cfm?topicid=8718
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150430
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.18.2013
12:05AM EDT 
vertical line Ah Nothingness is also an Unknown that perplexed people since they existed.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150431
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.18.2013
12:07AM EDT 
vertical line http://www.zenguide.com/forum/view.cfm?topicid=8721
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150432
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.18.2013
12:49AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Well in spite of all people's knowledge they are suffering. Because there is the unknown.  The vast space where they cannot thread. "

Perhaps is because of knowledge , human suffer ....because from knowledge human creates culture of comparison , comparing what " is known" or " un-known" and suffering from the known and suffering of the un-known .............

Perhaps you do not need to know , not because you refuse to know or avoiding to know ..just do not need to know as all being is never related to you .......

In Buddhism nothing is belong to you , not even your body ...so just be awake to understand what is you , what is yourselves ........you can choose to aware you and yourselves ot you can choose to wondering in the world fill with trillions of being.........

So if you choose to live in human culture , accepting knowledge as basis you will always very busy exploring others ........but in Buddfhism you are always ALONE, as your existance is only cause by yourselves ......nothing is important out there except to learn from all to discover yourselves ...........you are always alone in your own process leading to ceasation of yourselves ...end of yourselvesback into nothingness .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150433
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.18.2013
12:55AM EDT 
vertical line The one who want's to know, who want's to think is the Ego. Nothing else.

So if you can stop thinking that means the ego can stop of his activity.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150434
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.18.2013
02:53AM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Awake!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150435
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.18.2013
03:16AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "The one who want's to know, who want's to think is the Ego. Nothing else.

So if you can stop thinking that means the ego can stop of his activity.
"

In Buddhism , I will "stop thinking" as I progress into greater realization on myself whether I like it or not , not by choice , not by desire or plan , not by any practice but by a NATURAL process known to me as Buddhism .

So I do not concern on what to think or to think or not to think .......because as long as I still with myself , I will always be myself..................ego is same as compassion , same as love -the pollutant in me .

In my current understanding of Buddhism , myself is of all my desire / emotions so thinking is always part of myself NOT me as ME is emptiness ...so if you drop he desire to think , still the action is reflection of your desire .....still is yourself in action...you will always your own creation...........you still with yourselve .....

Buddhism is " dropping" your desire NATURALLY , not by choice , not by desire but by a process of realization and acceptance.

So in short as long as you have wanting , desire , yourselves still in you ..........yu will always find joy and suffering ....because that is part of your existance .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150436
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Mar.18.2013
10:31AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line do you know what i have in my pockettses ?
i do :)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150437
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.18.2013
04:36PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Part of my life is in the realm of the hypothetical (This is because that is, now what if...)while the other part is in the unknown (I do not know...). Therefore, my everyday activity is grounded in spontaneity As It Is nothing-to-hold-on-to.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150439
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN 1
by Atelier Lzc
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s