history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Sep 02 2014 07:42PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Ta-mei Fa-chang (752-839) was a Chinese Ch'an master. After he got awakened under
the Great master Ma-tsu Tao-i (709-788), he went to the Ta-mei mountain and resided there.
One day there was a traveling monk who got lost in the Ta-mei... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: MAYBE THIS IS SIMPLE
vertical line Posted on Mar.22.2013 @ 01:58AM EDT by leoj99
Maybe this is simple if you cannot stop thinking.

The Mechanics of Controlling Your Mind

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.22.2013
09:03AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

To me , as long as you have desire to " control " your mind , you will always creating a self in you ...yourself will always be your suffering or your joy , the cause of your existance .................

In my current understanding , Buddhism is a natural process , a reflection of self realization not a result of desire or practice ............any way still anything that you do is part of your learning...still is in the process known to me as Buddhism.

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150481
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.22.2013
09:33AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Can you natural process your way to doing math or writing essays???

One must learn and then one must practice.
This is the way ....
This is the gateless gate ....

When your awareness is lacking, you will do much to defend your notions of truth ... haha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150483
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.25.2013
11:48PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Stop actually
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150559
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jordtm
Mar.25.2013
11:54PM EDT 
Email jordtm
vertical line Leo you are in a state of "nonstop thinking"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150560
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.26.2013
10:00AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Leo you are in a state of "nonstop thinking""

Leoj once boasted that he has never read a book on Zen or Buddhism ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150570
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.26.2013
10:33AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Can you natural process your way to doing math or writing essays???

One must learn and then one must practice.
This is the way ....
This is the gateless gate ....

When your awareness is lacking, you will do much to defend your notions of truth ... haha
"

Yes , if you refer to knowledge yes one must practice , must learn to know and to gain knowledge .By going to school , listening to teacher one can obtain knowledge of doing maths or writing great essays.......but is Buddhism purely knowledge ? Do you think you could understand Buddhism by "practicing" , "listening" to your teacher , reading tons of books or even talking to Siddharta himself ?

I do not think so currently . In my current understanding Buddhism is beyond knowledge , beyond life , beyond all culture so sorry in advance if one live by knowledge as basis , by culture as lifestyles , by emotions as tools to learn ...perhaps he will only found himself , creating himself , believing in himself and always exist with himself ................Dear master , I had many times request to learn from you by actively debate and I hope you could accept . So dear master , share your reason why you think one must practice Buddhism and how ?

In my current understanding Buddhism is a process that cant be stopped that is natural for all living or non-living . Buddhism is not by choice or by practice ......no one could escape from Buddhism and all being are heading to emptiness . So is always a choice to choose on long / more suffering path or shorter / less suffering path......but no matter what path still leading to emptiness .

Dear Avisitor , I had openly requesting any master to debate with me sincerely for my own learning process but so far none had longer period than you ..you are the longest master that willingly discuss with me and I really hope you could share more of your understanding with me ...........and again I never defended any views as I never have faith even to my view .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150571
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.26.2013
08:42PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Yes , if you refer to knowledge yes one must practice , must learn to know and to gain knowledge .By going to school , listening to teacher one can obtain knowledge of doing maths or writing great essays.......but is Buddhism purely knowledge ? Do you think you could understand Buddhism by "practicing" , "listening" to your teacher , reading tons of books or even talking to Siddharta himself ?

If part of Buddhism is not knowledge then how do you know about it??
How do you have a current understanding if not by knowledge??

I do not think so currently . In my current understanding Buddhism is beyond knowledge , beyond life , beyond all culture so sorry in advance if one live by knowledge as basis , by culture as lifestyles , by emotions as tools to learn ...perhaps he will only found himself , creating himself , believing in himself and always exist with himself ................Dear master , I had many times request to learn from you by actively debate and I hope you could accept . So dear master , share your reason why you think one must practice Buddhism and how ?

Buddhism is the thing pointing to that which is beyond knowledge and beyond life. Don't confuse what points to that which is beyond and what is beyond  ..... hahaha

In my current understanding Buddhism is a process that cant be stopped that is natural for all living or non-living . Buddhism is not by choice or by practice ......no one could escape from Buddhism and all being are heading to emptiness . So is always a choice to choose on long / more suffering path or shorter / less suffering path......but no matter what path still leading to emptiness .

In life, you come to moments where you are forced to make choices. Whether it is to have a baby or not ... get married or not ... go to work or not ... follow Buddhism or not ... Your choices are what determines where you go. All paths are not the same.

Dear Avisitor , I had openly requesting any master to debate with me sincerely for my own learning process but so far none had longer period than you ..you are the longest master that willingly discuss with me and I really hope you could share more of your understanding with me ...........and again I never defended any views as I never have faith even to my view .

No, there are no masters here. Only another person pointing the way. The choices are still yours to choose .... hahahaha

"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150577
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.26.2013
10:08PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear Avisitor , thank you so much for your interest to discuss with me . You said I quote " If part of Buddhism is not knowledge then how do you know about it??
How do you have a current understanding if not by knowledge?? Un-quote

I hope you could read my writing seriously to avoid repeated explaination . I said Buddhism is NOT purely knowledge , is beyond knowledge . Knowledge is just a tiny part of Buddhism . Everything , anything , any action , any re-action , any knowledge , any happening is Buddhism regardless meditation or killing or being kill or having sex or watchig a bird in the garden is all in a process known to me as Buddhism . All being is in this natural process at all times .

But.......dear master , in current human culture , knowledge seems to be used as the basis of all lifelihood and sadly human accepted Buddhism is part of their knowledge .....Buddhism is being shaped into a religion , a culture and a knowledge ....to me that is human suffering , part of human learning process . If human continues to accept Buddhism is knowledge , learn in same method like a student learning history , learning maths in school ...human will always be human , the one they already known and will be the one they wish to be . Human will always exist in the circle of existance , with Self is the cause .

Buddhism is self realization , is you discover you and yourself ,is you realize you and yourself , is you accept what are you and what is yourself ......is you letting go yourself and be you- the emptiness NATURALLY not by desire.

So if you attached to your knowledge , you will always glued to yourself , you will gain more self as your knowledge increase..........so the more you know , the more you create yourself , the more suffering you will be as yourself is the cause of all your existance and joy & suffering is part of your emotions in your existance .

Buddhism is a process decreasing self , decreasing on knowing , increasing self realization towards emptiness NATURALLY .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150578
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.26.2013
10:15PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear Avisitor , you said I quote " Buddhism is the thing pointing to that which is beyond knowledge and beyond life. Don't confuse what points to that which is beyond and what is beyond  ..... hahaha" Un-quote

YES , all happening is part of Buddhism , as I have said thousand of time there is no right or wrong , no true or false , no good or bad in Buddhism . Anything , everything , every action / re-action is Buddhism ........................

So the purpose I wish to debate is to discover more on myself so that I do not need to fly from Miami to Australia and back to LA .........by debating perhaps I could fly directly to LA from Miami.....................so what is confusing to you ? I am here to learn not teach .....

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150579
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.26.2013
10:28PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear Avisitor , you said I quote " In life, you come to moments where you are forced to make choices. Whether it is to have a baby or not ... get married or not ... go to work or not ... follow Buddhism or not ... Your choices are what determines where you go. All paths are not the same." Un-quote

Yes , if you used your kowledge to measure , to judge base on your comparison on good verses bad , right verses wrong or true verses false ...........You will definately see the different , understand the different and even having faith resulted from the different .................why ? Because you still attached to your emotion , having faith of your emotion , know something which you already known , make judgement base on what you know ..................thats human .

In Buddhism , in my curreent understanding all choices that you take will be part of your learning process , part of your Buddhism ...so regadless what you do still that is in Buddhism . You always have choices , freedom to make choices , freedom to joy or suffer.....is always you and yourself . In human culture , if you take a wrong bus to a different place , that is wrong move , wrong decision but in Buddhism ...there is no wrong or right because you still need to learn , discover you and yourself .

Osama action in Buddhism is the same as Dalai Lama words ...because both is a great source for learning , is your choice to learn but if you choose creates more self in you from both sources , you will increase your journey into emptiness .......................

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150580
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.26.2013
10:33PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear Avisitor , you said , I quote " No, there are no masters here. Only another person pointing the way. The choices are still yours to choose .... hahahaha" Un-quote

Perhaps is your suffering pointing the way to me .............Buddhism to me is learning not trying to show others own path or to teach others ......I find joy discussing Buddhism simply because I accepted all as my teacher , teachig me Buddhism but I never had any intention to teach as I currently accepted Buddhism is impossible to be taught but could only be learned .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150581
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.27.2013
12:43AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Leo you are in a state of "nonstop thinking""

Leoj once boasted that he has never read a book on Zen or Buddhism ... hahaha
"

I was not boasting. I was just telling the truth...lol
And how can you boast of not reading any book. Usually  boasting is when you know a lot by reading books..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150582
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Mar.27.2013
02:52PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I hope you could read my writing seriously to avoid repeated explaination . I said Buddhism is NOT purely knowledge , is beyond knowledge . Knowledge is just a tiny part of Buddhism .

You twist everything around to suit your current understanding of Buddhism.
Sorry, but, you are not worth debating if you can not keep your facts straight from your fiction. So enough is enough. Stop giving me your excuses for your words.
You can not say that Buddhism is not knowledge when all it is to you is things to know. Realization while you are still polluted .. ????
Stop all this non sense and get back to basics other wise everything you have built will fall down around you .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150584
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.27.2013
09:54PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Quote: "Quote: "I hope you could read my writing seriously to avoid repeated explaination . I said Buddhism is NOT purely knowledge , is beyond knowledge . Knowledge is just a tiny part of Buddhism .

You twist everything around to suit your current understanding of Buddhism.
Sorry, but, you are not worth debating if you can not keep your facts straight from your fiction. So enough is enough. Stop giving me your excuses for your words.
You can not say that Buddhism is not knowledge when all it is to you is things to know. Realization while you are still polluted .. ????
Stop all this non sense and get back to basics other wise everything you have built will fall down around you .... hahahaha
"

I really cant understand what makes you say I twisted my words ........perhaps you could give me example , perhaps you do not understand my writing , perhaps you did not seriously read what I wrote ........sincerely I never escape anything or need to twist any words ...........Dear master , again focus on NOW............Dear Master ...please read carefully ...I say Buddhism is not purely knowledge , knowledge is a tiny part of Buddhism ......I really hope you could focus on the topic and debate with me and from all your reply I have reason to believe you are avoiding debate ......lets debate on this topic . I say Buddhism is beyond knowledge and knowledge is just a tiny part of Buddhism ........so if you dis-agree please debate .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150591
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA I
by Ricki Mountain
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s