history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Apr 18 2014 11:41AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  A wandering monk called Vaccha asked the Buddha if the Buddha would still exsist after death. The Buddha replied:
"Vaccha, the idea that I would exist or not exist after death - such ideas lead to dense jungles and arid deserts, to entanglements... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: BE KIND, GIVE SERVICE
vertical line Posted on Mar.27.2013 @ 10:03PM EDT by zenmanstan
Kindness and Service are the only ways to realizing Love
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email zenmanstan
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.28.2013
03:26AM EDT 
vertical line Your kindness and service does not count unless you have been kind and give service to yourself.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150596
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.28.2013
03:27AM EDT 
vertical line Meaning you have fixed yourself of  your blindness.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150597
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.28.2013
03:28AM EDT 
vertical line Otherwise you spread blindness to the blinds.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150598
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Mar.28.2013
04:05AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Just sharing . In my current understanding , in human culture / knowledge, kindness or helping others in need is a noble act and the emotion of sincerity to others in need and the desire to help them without any condition is an act of compassion / kindness.......well that is in human knowledge .

In Buddhism , "kindness" or compassion is not resulted from a desire or emotion or sincerity to help others but is a reflection of being "LESS SELF" ..........

As human progress into greater realization on ownselves , one will realized that he is always alone in his world . He will realize that he is just a being same and equal as any other being regardless living or non-living . He will realize he is SAME and EQUAL as the sun , the universe , any human , animal , micro-orgsm or anything-rock , table , pen , leaf , dirt etc ......

He will realize that all being is on its own process releasing it pollutant back into nothingness same as him . He will realize that nothing is belong to him nor family , material even "his" body is never belong to him .......He will understand that there is NO SPECIAL love , he will accept "his" daughter same and equal as the virus that attack "his" body , he will treat the ant in the garden in same way he treat "his" mother and he will have same and equal emotion to the dirt under "his" shoe same and equal as "himself".....So all his emotions that shaped as " himself" such as all his desire , emotions , greed , hate , anger , love etc will be decreased ...his " self" will naturally decreasing and as such the more his " self" decreases...he more he will accept all is same and equal..........

So he will "love" all being same and equal , care of all being same and equal as he accepted all being is same and equal .

This is a great challenge to me and that is why I am here to learn .

Thks

CSEe 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150601
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.30.2013
02:30AM EDT 
vertical line This is a classic example where people are kind and loving.. but look what kind of love they are spreading...

The M Chat...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150613
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Mar.30.2013
03:07PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line ???
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150631
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.30.2013
11:03PM EDT 
vertical line That chat site have been giving kind service for about 3 decades...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150639
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Mar.30.2013
11:05PM EDT 
vertical line But how can they be kind to others and the world if they are not even kind to themselves...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150640
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEDITATION
by Olivier Follmi
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s