history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Monday Sep 01 2014 09:46AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  A soldier came to Hakuin and asked "Is there really a paradise and a hell?" "Who are you?" inquired Hakuin. "I am a samurai," the warrior replied. "You, a samurai!" exclaimed Hakuin. "What kind of ruler would have you as his guard?... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: POLLUTION
vertical line Posted on Apr.02.2013 @ 07:53AM EDT by cinchona
The only way to learn is through our faults, its like the child that touches a flame even though he has been told it will burn him, if this is true then pollution is our greatest teacher, and might possibly become the cause of enlightenment to mankind. Pollution starts in our minds then extends to the body then to the world then comes back on ourselves, we can deny it all we like but the material world is a reflection of our mind.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.02.2013
11:24PM EDT 
vertical line The worse kind of pollution is in the mind of most people...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150738
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.03.2013
12:43AM EDT 
vertical line Wondering why almost no one realized that the worse pollution in this world is in their mind.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150741
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.03.2013
01:41AM EDT 
vertical line COMORANT FISHING
HOW STIRING
HOW SADNING

NOT YESTERDAY
NOT THIS MORNING
ORANGE BLOSSOMS FALL.

Basho
(1644 - 1694)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150749
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.03.2013
02:34AM EDT 
vertical line why is it so hard to see our own faults? very good question.
it is like trying to look at your own face at times.

i don't know the answer to this question but maybe we don't listen enough to the one who is practicing.

who is the one practicing and what does he hear?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150751
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.03.2013
02:47AM EDT 
vertical line Most  people wants to save the world. They want to save and help others. But never bother to save themselves and help themselves.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150752
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.03.2013
02:48AM EDT 
vertical line As if they have the capacity to save others and the world..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150753
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Apr.03.2013
03:26AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "why is it so hard to see our own faults? very good question.
it is like trying to look at your own face at times.

i don't know the answer to this question but maybe we don't listen enough to the one who is practicing.

who is the one practicing and what does he hear?
"

I never have a problem finding my faults there are so so many
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150758
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from frozenaomi
Apr.03.2013
08:38AM EDT 
Email frozenaomi
vertical line Quote: "Most  people wants to save the world. They want to save and help others. But never bother to save themselves and help themselves.

"

Oh! So was that the problem? Should I not have been inquiring about the suicidal quality of your answers but their omnicidal quality?

Is that the way then? To kill everyone else and then yourself? Or isn't that the logical extension here? For if we are to help our selves won't we need constructive tools? And to save ourselves won't we need resources? But what if our tools break? Won't we need new ones? We could repair or refashion our tools but that would require diminishing our stock of resources and all we care about is helping and saving ourselves right? So I guess we could ask someone else to repair or refashion our tool using their resources! But, oh wait, won't they want payment for their time and resources again depleting our stock? Certainly, that will never do you'll never be able to know what resources you will need to be able to save yourself in a catastrophy. Or can you see into the future? But wait. Wouldn't there be a simple solution? Couldn't we just kill them and take their tools AND their resources? Of course, we'd need the destructive as well as the constructive tools now to keep us safe, because all that matters is to save and help ourselves, right? But what if someone liked the person you killed? Or what if someone wants to kill you for your hoarded tools and resources? You couldn't make any kind of deals because of course since savinging and helping the self is the only motivation any deal would fall when it no longer saved and helped the self wouldn't it? So the only safe thing would be to kill everybody then you would have their stuff and nobody could kill you. Better sterilize the planet to just to ward off any non sentient threats.

So there you are alone on your dead planet. But wait, if some people have polluted thoughts and you are the only person left won't your thought then necessarily be polluted? Or is only limit approaching 100%? Either way, wouldn't the safest bet be to go ahead and kill yourself to remove any possibility of a thought?

It's funny, I thought your philosophy and CSEe's were quite distinct, but you have shown me that they are, in fact, virtually the same. Still, there are many thing I am unclear on and many more parts I am sure I got wrong. Could you help me clear up my misconceptions?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150762
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.04.2013
03:00AM EDT 
vertical line Can you put what you said in just a few sentences or just an abstract please...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150808
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Apr.04.2013
07:32AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

In my current understand , ME is emptiness and MYSELF is all my desire / emotion/compassion/ love/greed / ego etc which is the cause of my existance - the pollutant in emptiness . Buddhism is a natural process of all being regardless living or non-living releasing its pollutant back into emptiness

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 150823
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA
by Hugh Sitton
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s