history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Sep 19 2014 05:48AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day, when the brilliant Chinese Cha'n master Chao-chou was sweeping
the court of the monastery, a man asked him:
-Ch'an monastery supposed to be clean and pure. Why is there dust to sweep?
Chao-chou replied:
-It came... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: LEARNING
vertical line Posted on Apr.22.2013 @ 08:04AM EDT by justin
i think some people like to know stuff (or think they know stuff) to be like a man with a gold hoard. they can show people this hoard and try to convince them it is valuable, and then announce loudly it is theirs. they would like to learn so as to convince everyone how smart they are.

other people will learn to help others to encourage the sharing of the wealth of knowledge. and by helping others help themselves.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email justin
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Apr.22.2013
01:42PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line  "by helping others help themselves" not sure...are you?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151188
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Apr.22.2013
09:27PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line most definatly, the process of articulating things (thoughts) clarifies them .

to explain in words with coherent manner one must be clear about what one wants to say, therefore the mind must be clear about the subject matter (or at least think they are clear) also to formulate the manner of communication facilitates self (and thought) evaluation (what do i think about this topic, why do i want to discuss, what is it that compels me to understand, how is it i understand this) even the simplest things (why has what that person said upset, enthused, confused, cheered, etc)

all exploration is self exploration, i can only 'see' an experience because i am familiar with it, if it is not familiar to me i will not notice it. therefore i will not understand.

all things (including zenguide-ers) are just another part of the whole and talk the dharma, i just need listen. and interact to experience.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151198
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.23.2013
12:03AM EDT 
vertical line Don't help others. Just help yourself...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151202
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Apr.23.2013
08:50AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

Quote: "most definatly, the process of articulating things (thoughts) clarifies them .

to explain in words with coherent manner one must be clear about what one wants to say, therefore the mind must be clear about the subject matter (or at least think they are clear) also to formulate the manner of communication facilitates self (and thought) evaluation (what do i think about this topic, why do i want to discuss, what is it that compels me to understand, how is it i understand this) even the simplest things (why has what that person said upset, enthused, confused, cheered, etc)

all exploration is self exploration, i can only 'see' an experience because i am familiar with it, if it is not familiar to me i will not notice it. therefore i will not understand.

all things (including zenguide-ers) are just another part of the whole and talk the dharma, i just need listen. and interact to experience.
"

Yesterday we went to picnic.All were beautiful.May be all that remains is a good memory.The cool breeze were on the ground.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151215
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Apr.23.2013
01:01PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line thankyou football, for inviting us to your picnic. i like the breeze 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151221
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Apr.23.2013
01:41PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Tomorrow the picnic will be on the blue mountains.Why don't you come?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151223
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Apr.24.2013
01:30AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Tomorrow the picnic will be on the blue mountains.Why don't you come?"

the three sisters ?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151246
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Apr.24.2013
01:02PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

What is the three sisters ?

I want to say yes... 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151253
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Apr.24.2013
10:05PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line it might be a differant blue mountains, here there are blue mountains and within that area there is a feature of three mounts together
called three sisters,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151255
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Apr.25.2013
02:56AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line hmmm..........blue mountains are empty.......don't confuse yourself with that..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151257
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.25.2013
07:39AM EDT 
vertical line I just read this the other day thought i'd share it with you all.

Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

'American Indian Proverb'
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151260
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Apr.25.2013
10:25PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Meaningless .... words that come from others which have no substance
Fruit from the vine is richer than those in the freezer ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151267
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.26.2013
02:26AM EDT 
vertical line Where do your ideas come from?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151278
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.26.2013
03:10AM EDT 
vertical line Wondering why most of you are so attached with your ideas?...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151279
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.26.2013
03:32AM EDT 
vertical line what gives you that idea?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151286
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Apr.27.2013
09:51PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Where do your ideas come from?"

Please don't mistake what I say.
Sometimes the understanding comes from an experience or event in your life
Then, your words come forth from you. And your understanding is true.
But, using quotes of the sages and the masters, that does nothing to bring your understanding closer to the truth.
I know many who use the words of the wise as their own ... fooling others.
Trying so hard to lead. When in truth, there is nothing.

Bring your experience ... bring your truth ... show us ... the real you ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151329
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.27.2013
10:00PM EDT 
vertical line wow the smart guy is talking as always..lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151330
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.28.2013
03:40AM EDT 
vertical line people they are only for discussion, thats why i put there name under them so people don't think i'm trying to claim them as my own, i like them that is all, i'm sharing them, putting them in topics where i think they are appropriate, sorry if it offends you but that is not my purpose, they all come out of zen and buddhist books thought they might be accepted here in a buddhist forum, and it seems some other people like them to.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151338
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Apr.28.2013
04:26AM EDT 
vertical line Leoj99 i see you like to post you tube self help videos mostly by ekkart. that is great i respect that you share these, i much prefer reading myself but i do watch and listen, i believe ekkart to be a very wise and compassionate person for if he did not care about other people he would not teach his wisdom, i apply the same to buddha and anyone who tries to lesson the suffering, their wisdom compells them to be kind and compassionate, and it is my belief that at the end of our mind stopping zen practice we return to kindness and compassion and be like those great teachers, and yes i am still practising.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151340
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Apr.28.2013
08:39AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "people they are only for discussion, thats why i put there name under them so people don't think i'm trying to claim them as my own, i like them that is all, i'm sharing them, putting them in topics where i think they are appropriate, sorry if it offends you but that is not my purpose, they all come out of zen and buddhist books thought they might be accepted here in a buddhist forum, and it seems some other people like them to."

That is nice of you to post stuff that comes out of Zen and Buddhist books.
I'm sure it may help someone
Or it just might confuse someone .... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151355
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Apr.28.2013
09:34PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Leoj99 i see you like to post you tube self help videos mostly by ekkart. that is great i respect that you share these, i much prefer reading myself but i do watch and listen, i believe ekkart to be a very wise and compassionate person for if he did not care about other people he would not teach his wisdom, i apply the same to buddha and anyone who tries to lesson the suffering, their wisdom compells them to be kind and compassionate, and it is my belief that at the end of our mind stopping zen practice we return to kindness and compassion and be like those great teachers, and yes i am still practising. "

No problem...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151363
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MIROKOKU-BOSATSU (MAITREYA)
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s