history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo
 
Monday Dec 22 2014 02:47AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  When Yang-shan Hui-chi (807-883), as a young monk, paid a visit to the Ch'an master
Hsing-k'ung, there was a monk who asked Hsing-k'ung:
-What is the meaning of the Patriarch's coming from the West?
Hsing-k'ung replied:
-Suppose... continue...

z
.
e
.
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: BUDDHA SAID, JESUS SAID
vertical line Posted on May.06.2013 @ 12:49AM EDT by leoj99
Buddha said, Jesus Said..

I all that is said to be the Buddha said right now really was said by the Buddha he must have been talking continuously for maybe a thousand years... and the same thing with Jesus...lol

In the Diamond Sutra it is mentioned that the Buddha rarely talked.. he was either meditating or went begging for food most of the time...lol

So how come Buddha has said so many things...lol

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.06.2013
12:50AM EDT 
vertical line If all that is said.....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151904
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.06.2013
10:00AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line because we are all the Buddha



eh
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151942
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from football
May.06.2013
01:04PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line very good.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151943
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.06.2013
03:55PM EDT 
vertical line We should all get together for tea sometime.

You know, sometimes I really miss Chon Tri, and wish I could give him a hug, have a cup of tea with him, and tell him how much I appreciate his good friendship.

I sent an email back in February, asking how he was doing and if he would be returning to the forums. I got back the following reply:

Hello Mr. Derek,
How have you been?
It's nice to see your asking.
CT is too old to be there in the forum.
Wish you and everyone who participate on the forum is well.
CT

It made me very sad to think he would not be joining us any more. And frankly, I was quite moved that he asked how I've been. The strange thing is,  despite my great love for him, I still haven't answered him. I've been through many, many difficult, wonderful, and painful things in the past couple of years. No words would be enough to answer the question "how have you been?"

Perhaps the best answer to that question is, "I've been wanting to give you a hug and have a cup of tea with you."

I just haven't had it in me to tell him that. I think I probably should.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151944
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from football
May.06.2013
04:52PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

best wishes chontri

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151945
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
May.07.2013
12:35AM EDT 
vertical line It's funny the way things happen sometimes. I was about to close the forum page when I thought i'd read the story that comes up when you go to the main page. I did not write any of this, it was all there including the added note.


When a monk came to say good bye to Chao-chou Tsung-shen (778-897), a brilliant Chinese Ch'an master.
Chao-chou asked:
-Where will you go?
The monk answered:
-Any place where I can learn Buddha dharma.
Chao-chou stood up his duster and said:
-Where there is Buddha, do not stay; where there is no Buddha, run away as fast as you can.
Don't be in error to give Buddha dharma to someone who is three thousand miles far away.

...........
Note:
CT has no talents to create anything at all. One thing he could do is to mimic.
And he's going to mimic Chao-chou in saying something like this:

-Where there is Buddha-nature, do not stay;
where there is no Buddha-nature, run away as fast as you can.
-Where there is Shunyata, do not stay;
where there is no Shunyata, run away as fast as you can.
-Where there is God, do not stay;
where there is no God, run away as fast as you can.
The same with Brahma, Allah, YHWH, etc...

Also, don't be in error to come and give CT your views or theories about any of what
mentioned above or ask him about them, because he knows nothing about any of them.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151949
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.07.2013
12:47AM EDT 
vertical line Are you sure you are Buddha?..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151951
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.07.2013
02:24AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "We should all get together for tea sometime.

You know, sometimes I really miss Chon Tri, and wish I could give him a hug, have a cup of tea with him, and tell him how much I appreciate his good friendship.

I sent an email back in February, asking how he was doing and if he would be returning to the forums. I got back the following reply:

Hello Mr. Derek,
How have you been?
It's nice to see your asking.
CT is too old to be there in the forum.
Wish you and everyone who participate on the forum is well.
CT

It made me very sad to think he would not be joining us any more. And frankly, I was quite moved that he asked how I've been. The strange thing is,  despite my great love for him, I still haven't answered him. I've been through many, many difficult, wonderful, and painful things in the past couple of years. No words would be enough to answer the question "how have you been?"

Perhaps the best answer to that question is, "I've been wanting to give you a hug and have a cup of tea with you."

I just haven't had it in me to tell him that. I think I probably should.

"
.........

i have been wondering where mr CT is i miss his input also,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151954
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.07.2013
04:07AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Are you sure you are Buddha?.. "
.........



unless you would like to be dualistic, i cant see how not
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151955
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.07.2013
04:07AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line are you sure you are not ?

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151956
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.07.2013
04:24AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line maybe there is such a thing as to many zen forums uh
not enough zen (practice)

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151959
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.07.2013
04:26AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line thinking to much lol 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151960
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.07.2013
06:28AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "It's funny the way things happen sometimes. I was about to close the forum page when I thought i'd read the story that comes up when you go to the main page. I did not write any of this, it was all there including the added note.


When a monk came to say good bye to Chao-chou Tsung-shen (778-897), a brilliant Chinese Ch'an master.
Chao-chou asked:
-Where will you go?
The monk answered:
-Any place where I can learn Buddha dharma.
Chao-chou stood up his duster and said:
-Where there is Buddha, do not stay; where there is no Buddha, run away as fast as you can.
Don't be in error to give Buddha dharma to someone who is three thousand miles far away.

...........
Note:
CT has no talents to create anything at all. One thing he could do is to mimic.
And he's going to mimic Chao-chou in saying something like this:

-Where there is Buddha-nature, do not stay;
where there is no Buddha-nature, run away as fast as you can.
-Where there is Shunyata, do not stay;
where there is no Shunyata, run away as fast as you can.
-Where there is God, do not stay;
where there is no God, run away as fast as you can.
The same with Brahma, Allah, YHWH, etc...

Also, don't be in error to come and give CT your views or theories about any of what
mentioned above or ask him about them, because he knows nothing about any of them.

"
.........

CT knows what it is to be a human being. And a good friend. So, he has nothing to do with all of that other BS. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151966
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.07.2013
06:29AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Are you sure you are Buddha?.. "
.........

Pay attention.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 151967
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.08.2013
06:41AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "CT has no talents to create anything at all."
.........

Chon Tri had talents to create a lot of things. And he was just as full of crap as the rest of us. But I still like his crap. _/|\_
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152026
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.08.2013
10:56AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line once i was replying to a question, in deep frantic near feverish thought, crazed questioning, i believe he recognised, and he then told me to have a cup of tea. it meant more to me then a thousand discussions, and he was correct.

i relaxed and my ego dissolved and i saw he knew, i smiled and had a cup of tea, breathed and understood what he had meant to tell me.

i will never forget, his wisdom.

but i will not attach to it, :) respect
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152052
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from football
May.08.2013
02:57PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

He was always offering tea

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152057
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.08.2013
03:37PM EDT 
vertical line I'm always glad to share tea with you guys. :-)
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152058
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Jul.28.2013
09:26AM EDT 
vertical line Jesus, they bleeped out.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153780
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Aug.05.2013
03:47AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line When you have awakening for the first time you'll feel honest (in the true sense of the word) about life and death. You'll feel honest about the seasons, causes and conditions. You'll feel honest to sentient beings. And you'll feel honest to God. When you have awakening one thing that will irritate you is dishonesty. But that irritation is going to help you on your path. It's necessary. Be honest.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153987
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.05.2013
06:45AM EDT 
vertical line The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153988
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Aug.05.2013
10:55AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "CT has no talents to create anything at all."
.........

Chon Tri had talents to create a lot of things. And he was just as full of crap as the rest of us. But I still like his crap. _/|\_
"
.........

Actually ChonTri had awakened.
He knew ... the truth.

Awakening ... one feels the need to take a crap and does so.
The actions carry themselves.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153993
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.05.2013
12:55PM EDT 
vertical line Jesus and Buddha freed you from themselves.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153999
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Aug.06.2013
11:01AM EDT 
vertical line Ten Thousand Miles
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154019
horizontal line
 
horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Aug.13.2013
02:58AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Perhaps Buddha is you , is me , is our pets , is the stray dogs , is the leaf outside your window , is the pen on your table ...................perhaps you are looking for the guy in the mirror ................

Perhaps Buddhism is always about ownselves never others .......we are always alone in the journey of our choice , our will in our world .

Thks

CSEe

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154165
horizontal line
 
Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

 



SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.


Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this CALLIGRAPHY SCROLL, SERENITY
by George Caso
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books
 
 
d
.
i
.
s
.
c
.
u
.
s
.
s
.
i
.
o
.
n
.

.
f
.
o
.
r
.
u
.
m
.
Copyright © 1999 - 2014 zenguide.com - All rights reserved. °