history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Aug 20 2014 04:28PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Posted on Aug.15.2009 @ 09:32AM EDT by chontri

Sakuladayi the Wanderer asked the Buddha:
-What is the past and what is the future?
The Buddha answered:
-Let the past be and forget the future. I will teach you that... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: ANOTHER BOOK
vertical line Posted on May.08.2013 @ 09:57PM EDT by justin
Pursuant to the great paradox of  Zen as action; and yet many books are written (mouldy old dead words) of it, I have found and am reading a new book (not new to the world just new to me), Zen and Japanese Culture :Suzuki in the first introductory pages i found this:

'Zen is discipline in enlightenment. Enlightenment means emancipation. And emancipation is no less than freedom. We talk very much these days about all kinds of freedom, political, economic and otherwise, but these freedoms are not at all real. As long as they are on the plane of relativity, the freedoms or liberties we glibly talk about are far from being such. The real freedom is the outcome of enlightenment. When a man realises gthis, in whatevere situation he may find himself he is always free in his inner lif, for that pursues its own line of action. Zen is the religion of jiyu (tzu-yu), self reliance, and jizai (tzu-tsai) self being. .................To realise Satori, Zen opens for us two ways in general: verbal and actional. '

There are currently no replies for this topic.
Reply to this Topic

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MIROKOKU-BOSATSU (MAITREYA)
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s