history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Dec 18 2014 01:20PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  When Yang-shan Hui-chi (807-883), as a young monk, paid a visit to the Ch'an master
Hsing-k'ung, there was a monk who asked Hsing-k'ung:
-What is the meaning of the Patriarch's coming from the West?
Hsing-k'ung replied:
-Suppose... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: STOP THINKING AGAIN
vertical line Posted on May.27.2013 @ 10:15PM EDT by leoj99
Stop thinking again....

I noticed that those who don't want to stop thinking rarely comes back here anymore..
But stop thinking is the best thing that should happen to human beings. Especially autistic people .. they should not be thinking anyway because if they do it will worsen their situation...

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:26PM EDT 
vertical line I think in my current understanding ... most people don't really know what is good for them...

Even the Buddha has not succeeded in emancipating sensient beings from their suffering...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152766
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:30PM EDT 
vertical line Almost all people insists on thinking and they are thinking all their life. But it is evident that their suffering increase a thousand folds... so why do they insists on something that does not do any good to alleviate their sufferings...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152767
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.27.2013
10:32PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line maybe thats why they dont come back because they are not thinking ?

instead of thinking to argue and write about not thinking or thinking which both involve thinking,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152768
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:34PM EDT 
vertical line Even if you recite all the Buddhas' words, Jesus word's... I don't think it is doing any good.. All the results are just superficial .. just wishful thinking...lol.. isn't it obvious...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152769
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.27.2013
10:35PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line maybe thats why they dont come back because they are not thinking ?

instead of thinking to argue and write about not thinking or thinking which both involve thinking,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152770
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.27.2013
10:42PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line i can not comment on others superficiality or not, but i for my practice (which is not practice) i do not feel the urge to try and convince another of what i think /do, i am happy to leave them do it, if they wanted to hear something or read something that is ok let them do.

if they want to look at the daily miracle of life let them do,

i do find i appreciate you Leo because i was spending way to much time reading and writing here and not enough time looking at miracles.

i was attached to this, but i am not now, all is good, i spend more time reading on the grass feeling sunshine, or many myriad of other no-things.

and knowing what i do not know,
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152771
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
May.27.2013
10:45PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line i wish you good luck in your miracles, i sure you will find what you are looking for, 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152772
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:50PM EDT 
vertical line So why is the feeling of sadness in your words...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152773
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:51PM EDT 
vertical line I think in my current understanding you don't to stop thinking too...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152774
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
May.27.2013
10:52PM EDT 
vertical line you don't like to stop thinking too...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152775
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from esoteric
May.28.2013
02:38AM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "i can not comment on others superficiality or not, but i for my practice (which is not practice) i do not feel the urge to try and convince another of what i think /do, i am happy to leave them do it, if they wanted to hear something or read something that is ok let them do.

if they want to look at the daily miracle of life let them do,

i do find i appreciate you Leo because i was spending way to much time reading and writing here and not enough time looking at miracles.

i was attached to this, but i am not now, all is good, i spend more time reading on the grass feeling sunshine, or many myriad of other no-things.

and knowing what i do not know,
"

Miracle of life. :-)

Gassho, Justin.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152777
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.29.2013
08:16PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Leo stop thinking.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152829
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.29.2013
08:27PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Leo you have to stop thinking, you're in a vicious circle. Please stop thinking. You haven't stopped. You must. Just stop thinking, you need too. It's important. Stop it. Put an end to it once and for all. If you don't you're going to get sick. Don't think about stopping thinking because that would be thinking. Stop. Thinking. If you don't you will loose your mind. You will die. Thinking is killing you. You must stop thinking. It's the only way. Stop thinking, stop thinking, stop thinking. But you think and think and think. You think to much. Give it a rest. Stop! You need to stop thinking or you will go crazy. You need to find some help. Someone who will stop your thinking. Just stop. Absolutely stop. Don't think again!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152830
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
May.29.2013
08:29PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Leo you're stupid.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 152831
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this SITASAMVARA
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s