history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 24 2014 12:53PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  The master Bankei's talks were attended not only by Zen students but by persons of all ranks and sects. He never quoted sutras not indulged in scholastic dissertations. Instead, his words were spoken directly from his heart to the hearts of... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: WHAT'S THIS FIGHT FOR?
vertical line Posted on Jun.11.2013 @ 10:55AM EDT by cinchona
It was an interesting night at the poetry club on the weekend, There were people of religious order and a international selling poet. People read poems of love and hate, sex and drugs, flowers and stars, pets and lifestyles. Then a man wearing a peace symbol on his t-shirt went up and read some very descriptive poems on the destruction of the environment, racism, and violence, you could feel the tension in the air amongst the crowd as their hairs stand on end as he recites some horrific events of human history, then half way through a poem on poverty he gets drowned out by the abuse of the listeners whom he had just sat and listened to them read in praise of sex and drugs and lust and greed. Yet his words like a horror movie had people jumping out of there skin. The abuse got that bad he had to leave in a hurry.

Who is responsible for the violence that night?

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Jun.11.2013
11:01AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line not me
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153101
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jun.11.2013
11:09AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line dunno, ...................guilt ? .........self loathing cognitive dissonance.

people do not like to hear truths which shine the light upon their own behaviour, possibly?

their self denied contribution, 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153103
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Jun.11.2013
02:05PM EDT 
vertical line Peace.

Next.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153104
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Joe Chip
Jun.11.2013
02:07PM EDT 
vertical line zumpin' bumpin'?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 153106
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN 1
by Atelier Lzc
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s