history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 24 2014 09:30AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Phap Hien was a Vietnamese Zen master. He lived in the late 5th century and early the 6th century.
When he was a young monk at the Phap Van Temple he met Vinitaruci (?-594) who was one of the
successors of Seng-tsan, the Third Patriarch... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THAT'S ALL
vertical line Posted on Sep.28.2013 @ 01:51PM EDT by football
thank you
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email football
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Oct.02.2013
02:18PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line "Man is unhappy because he doesn't know he's happy. It's only that. That's all, that's all! If anyone finds out he'll become happy at once, that minute.... It's all good. I discovered it all of a sudden."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154640
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from MTN Glenn
Oct.12.2013
11:55AM EDT 
Email MTN Glenn
vertical line Most recently I was sitting zazen at a local park. It was a most beautiful day. I was intent of meditating. But was constantly distracted by my thoughts. The longer I meditated the more agitated I became. I finally stopped. Then I looked around me--the trees were changing color, a white swan was sitting on the lake, a seagull was flying over head, the wind was gently dancing in the leaves. In my desire to meditate I missed all of this. I let go of the desire for what was not--and simple basked in the beauty that was. I was already happy to be in such a beautiful day in such a beautiful setting at such a beautiful moment. My agenda kept me from realizing it.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154758
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Oct.12.2013
05:11PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line

(Ok.I will speak)

cheer up a little glen

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154759
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Oct.13.2013
09:32AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line Glen Are you there?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154765
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA I
by Ricki Mountain
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s