history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Wednesday Jul 30 2014 07:10AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Once upon a time, there were a father and a son of a family in a busy city. The father was a very skillful thief in the city. He was getting older and older and worried about his son, who was still rather young and knew nothing about his... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: LOVE AND COMPASSION TO ALL
vertical line Posted on Oct.21.2013 @ 01:37PM EDT by yogiron
hello , i'm new at this so please forgive any mistakes or errors, as i understand it'im supposed to love everyone and have compassion for all sentient beings ? i am finding this very difficult to do this as there is one person who presses my buttons and this is turning very slowly to hate and i dont want to hate anyone ,what can i do ?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email yogiron
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Oct.21.2013
03:25PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Asking for advice is the first step, it is being open to a different way of behaving that is the solution and the focus point.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154891
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Oct.22.2013
12:20AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line ask yourself what is it about yourself that is upset by this person and you will find an answer, it is usually something you will cherish.
not that i know anythiong

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154894
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Oct.22.2013
01:33AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Make an offering of Love and Compassion to All for Buddha.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154896
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Oct.22.2013
04:37AM EDT 
vertical line Where are  your buttons?...LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154897
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Oct.22.2013
09:35AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Forgive the person for all their faults.
Then, see the person as yourself with all the faults.
Then, let it go ... live in the present moment.
Be here, ... now ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154898
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Oct.23.2013
01:29AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line

Dear yogiron , what I am about to share with you is solely my version of Buddhism and is something I wish to learn from you as we discuss on this topic .

In my current understanding , Buddhism is a natural process of all living or non-living releasing its polluted energy that causes its existence towards emptiness back into nothingness .

In human , this energy is emotions like desire , fear ,hate , love , "compassion" , ego , greed , confident etc .......this emotions is known to me as "self ".....this emotions is the cause of our existence and we will exist as long as we still attached to this enery . Buddhism is the natural process that human realize this energy and progressingly deceasing all these emotions into emptiness .......

As we awaken to Buddhism concept as what I learnt from Siddharta's , we will accept that we are same and equal to all living or non-living , same and equal to any human , or plant , or micro-orgms , or metal , rock , or the dirt .......and we will realize nothing is own by us nor any human , material , even body or life .... and as we progress into this path , we will realize there is no special emotion for any being , no special love to "own daughter" as we will accept all being is same and equal , no special love to mother as we will treat the cat in the street same as we treat our mother ..........this condition of acceptance is can be mistaken as being "compassion"...........so to me "compassion" in human culture is more to development / creation of emotion to care / good to others ...but in Buddhism as what I understand currently is a condition of being less self ........So in my current understanding ,as we progress into awakening of Buddhism concept , we will discover / realize / accept our emotions and progresingly deceased of all these emotions .............so in short , by being awaken to Buddhism concept our emotions is regardless " good or bad" as what we learn by human knowledge will reduced..........."compassion" in Buddhism is not the same as being good to others , helping others sincerely/dearly but is a condition of being "less self" or less emotions ............so in your case perhaps you are creating more emotions to love and this is just like carrying more weight , more burden on your back ...this will lead to more suffering .

Dear yogiron ,in my current understanding of Buddhism , you are always alone in your journey of your choice of your will in your world ...so no one could ever hurt you as you are alone that never connected to others ............all happening / experiences is just a great source for you to learn discovering / realizing your emotions , teaching you never hurthing you so in Buddhism concept that person regardless what is his action is always provide great learning source for you in discovering your emotions .................as you should learn from it not to create more emotion from it and suffering of your own emotions ..........that Buddhism concept as what I currently understand .

I hope to debate / discuss with anyone for better understanding .

Thks

CSEe 

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154905
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Oct.24.2013
06:09AM EDT 
Email football
vertical line 63
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154913
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from jaigon
Oct.26.2013
12:17AM EDT 
Email jaigon
vertical line It can be difficult at first.  The secret is to realize that YOU choose to feel annoyed or angry.  This person's words don't physically hurt you, nor do they alter the functioning of your body.  It is your mind that makes you feel the way you do.  Decide to ignore the mind and be happy!
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154932
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Oct.26.2013
12:27AM EDT 
vertical line Its your fault that you got angry....lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154933
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Oct.26.2013
02:27AM EDT 
vertical line Don't blame other people...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154934
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Oct.26.2013
03:27PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line sincere?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154936
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Oct.27.2013
03:54AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Sincere, yes. I'm living, breathing, being.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154944
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from football
Oct.28.2013
06:05PM EDT 
Email football
vertical line mo
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 154959
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN GARDEN
by Lucy Bishop
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s