history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Oct 31 2014 04:40PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  P'ang Yun (740-808) was a well known Chinese Zen Layman.
He was once selling bamboo baskets. Coming down off the a bridge, he stumbled and fell.
When Ling-chao saw this she ran to her father's side and threw herself down.
"... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: REINTEGRATION
vertical line Posted on Dec.17.2013 @ 12:52AM EDT by Riverstone
Imagine if you will that your mind is fractured and from this fractured mind you see a fractured world. In your dreams there is a nightmare and some phantom chases you. Abruptly you stop running. You turn and face that which is chasing you. You integrate with it, understand it, merge with it, and you and the phantom disappear. The nightmare ends. When the nightmare ends, you stop seeing enemies in this world, and you start seeing people who are part of you. There is no, Us and Them. Not even the darkest person is anathema to you, because you have stopped running from yourself and your true nature. There is a sudden crack that is the ego being pried open, like a broken heart that has rendered you tender and vulnerable to all that is. You recognize that you are finite and infinite. There is a sudden loss of fear, death holds no power over you, and simultaneously a sudden respect for every finite life, even your own, as it is fleeting, never to be repeated in this exact manner ever again. Buddhism is the practice of reintegration. The first step is to stop running from yourself. You stop running from yourself by being with yourself, by being there for whatever experience arises and falls. Mortality and immortality become the same thing, life and death, the same thing, me and them, the same thing. Where there is an enemy, is where you are divorced from yourself. Truly I doubt anyone will understand this. I experienced this directly many years ago. I searched long to discover what it was. When I studied Zen they called it Kensho. Even still, I was so attached to my preferences and experiences and still am, that I have had to learn to be patient and kind with myself, reintegration. I have practiced opposition for so long that it seems natural, thankfully it is not natural, just a very tough, "bad habit". Without having directly experienced this I would probably dismiss it as an interesting belief. I searched for many years and through many religions, and it has been described in almost every religion I have studied, it is, are the linear and intellectual descriptions which have devolved into dogmas and beliefs. You do not need an intermediary, it is your natural right to experience this. Artist and poets have found it but they too forget how to and become blocked. It was as an artist that this experience first began for me. People spontaneously "go home" seated in spaciousness on a park bench, where everything looses it's designation and simply is what is. Somewhere between effort and no effort is where it is at. Having an ego and thoughts are just as much a part of it as not having an ego and thoughts. It was a mistake I made for years, thinking egoless-ness was a permanent place. Reintegration, linear and non-linear. The opposites pass away but are still there at the same time. If this is madness, I welcome it, I made a grand journey to come home. A seemingly endless journey, and I was never further than one breath from home. There is never an end to this and yet it is over again and again. The practice is reintegration, the result is kindness. Discomfort is a normal part of life but suffering is chosen. When you do what you are doing you are being yourself. When you live in the past or future your mind has taken a shape outside of reality, it is temporarily malformed, just bring it back to the body, reintegrate mind and body. The mind malforms and then you bring it back to the body, your intention is set in what you are doing. By malform I don't mean bad or good, just not here and now. Thinking is normal, conscious thinking is being awake. Unconscious thinking is deintegration. Reintegration, healing, mending, making whole, this is the practice.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Dec.17.2013
01:33AM EDT 
vertical line Your post indicates that you have a fractured mind...LOL...
Will I say more??...LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155371
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Dec.17.2013
01:39AM EDT 
vertical line In spite of your long posts it did not say anything... actually you have a very confused mind... a very fractured mind...LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155372
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Dec.17.2013
03:56PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Her form formless,
Her image nothing,
Her name silence,
Who is she?
She is not this nor that,
She is beyond I and not I,
She is unknown and unknowable,
She is a perfect embodiment of Herself,
She is love and she is beyond love,
She's free!

Namaste
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155373
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Dec.17.2013
10:46PM EDT 
vertical line So what are  you trying to say in the OP?... Has anyone understand it?... LOL... Maybe my Friend Avisitor understands it....S"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155374
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Dec.18.2013
12:32AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I experienced a fundamental unconditioning then shortly after I
realized the Way. From that point on I've undertaken the education that has no end, or in other words, "beginningless enlightenment."
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155375
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Dec.18.2013
12:42AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I should just say nothing, sit down quietly and do my work.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155376
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Dec.18.2013
01:12AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line We just sit while life goes on, that's all. There's no question in our mind. No problem. No dualism.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155377
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.18.2013
09:58PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Every day where ever I am (which is basically only comparison to where I was in my flawed memory) I have arrived, exactly where ii left.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155381
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.18.2013
10:00PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Every day where ever I am (which is basically only comparison to where I was in my flawed memory) I have arrived, exactly where ii left.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155382
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.19.2013
04:24PM EDT 
vertical line Adversarial vanity is a symptom of attachment to a ground of being. I have no enemy here nor do I seek to promote one viewpoint above another. If my words make no sense, simply ignore them. No person can convey direct experience, but by no longer running from ones self, direct experience can be had. A good teacher can detect your specific story line which you return to, and provide practice which cut this attachment. Though the practice of reintegration is beneficial and suited to my path work, there may be a simpler means to describe this to your own path work. By offering "myself" as a sacrifice to what I resist, the barrier falls away. Aggression and adversity are rooted in one viewpoint above another.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155387
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.19.2013
04:38PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "No person can convey direct experience, but by no longer running from ones self, direct experience can be had. "

It has been a while ...
Nice to see you are still up and about.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155392
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Dec.20.2013
12:17AM EDT 
vertical line You see my friend Avisitor understands his friend Riverstone. If you ask what they really want to say.. they considered it adversarial..LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155399
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.20.2013
09:16AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "You see my friend Avisitor understands his friend Riverstone. If you ask what they really want to say.. they considered it adversarial..LOL

"

I also understand you and only wish you would apply yourself.
Stop being so lazy ...

How is that for adversarial??
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155401
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.21.2013
12:23PM EDT 
vertical line Perhaps I should use humor ...."resistance is futile...you will be assimilated!"
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155403
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.21.2013
01:34PM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line we are one, we are the borg
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155404
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.22.2013
02:24AM EDT 
vertical line Everything that seeks beyond the reference of our interconnection is Samsara. It is not even real, though it seems to be. It seems fairly obvious that I am I, and you are you, simultaneously we are we as well. Two leaves on the same tree with a different perspective yet part of the same thing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155407
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Dec.22.2013
05:56PM EDT 
vertical line How do you know...lol.. you read it somewhere or someone told you?...LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155413
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.22.2013
09:09PM EDT 
vertical line This information is referred to multiple times in multiple teachings. Yet even beyond these it can be directly experienced without being told of it. It is your Buddha Nature. It is the direct experience. It is emptiness, no self, no mind. Naked Awareness. No thoughts. Being. Non Dualism. In a strange way though I have experienced this directly, it is an odd conundrum that I can not say I that I have. Because the reference point known as "I" does not experience this. This is why no one can fully describe to your frame of reference you know of as your "self", what this experience is. So long as you identify solely with your "self" alone, you will never know this experience directly.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155414
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.23.2013
11:00PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Everything that seeks beyond the reference of our interconnection is Samsara. It is not even real, though it seems to be. It seems fairly obvious that I am I, and you are you, simultaneously we are we as well. Two leaves on the same tree with a different perspective yet part of the same thing.
"

My question has always been ...
What does one do when another person who I see as me .. wrongs me with their actions and words??
Example would be at the job. The other person doesn't do their work so I must do it along with my work.
Do I do the work and shrug off having more burden??
Do I talk to the other person who I see as myself??
Two leaves on the same tree.
One provides food for the tree while the other saps it away????
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155418
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.23.2013
11:02PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Real or not real ... does it matter??
It is what is here ... now.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155419
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.24.2013
08:14AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Everything that seeks beyond the reference of our interconnection is Samsara. It is not even real, though it seems to be. It seems fairly obvious that I am I, and you are you, simultaneously we are we as well. Two leaves on the same tree with a different perspective yet part of the same thing.
"

What does one do when another person who I see as me .. wrongs me with their actions and words??
Example would be at the job. The other person doesn't do their work so I must do it along with my work.
"

I think this is a good question, i try to see a little deeper then the work mate or the friend. And see the sufferer the one who like each of us just wants hapiness and is doing what they think will bring it to them.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155420
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.25.2013
07:38PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "Everything that seeks beyond the reference of our interconnection is Samsara. It is not even real, though it seems to be. It seems fairly obvious that I am I, and you are you, simultaneously we are we as well. Two leaves on the same tree with a different perspective yet part of the same thing.
"

"

I think this is a good question, i try to see a little deeper then the work mate or the friend. And see the sufferer the one who like each of us just wants hapiness and is doing what they think will bring it to them.
"

This is an intellectual distraction. It does not help to think of someone as part of you. It is insufficient. When you acknowledge your own conditioning, and stop running from yourself, if you have really embraced your own karmic attachments, when you look at someone who is caught by these same things. It is only natural you would feel kindness toward someone still caught by these attachments. First it starts with you, and your kindness to your own "bad habits". A practice called Tonglan has done wonders for me....where I breathe in all the suffering of the world and then breath out kindness. Initially it does not feel genuine as all you really want to do is stay in the me vs them mode. In time however the kinder you are to you, the kinder you become to them.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155439
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.26.2013
01:35AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "This is an intellectual distraction. It does not help to think of someone as part of you. It is insufficient. When you acknowledge your own conditioning, and stop running from yourself, if you have really embraced your own karmic attachments, when you look at someone who is caught by these same things. It is only natural you would feel kindness toward someone still caught by these attachments. First it starts with you, and your kindness to your own "bad habits". A practice called Tonglan has done wonders for me....where I breathe in all the suffering of the world and then breath out kindness. Initially it does not feel genuine as all you really want to do is stay in the me vs them mode. In time however the kinder you are to you, the kinder you become to them.
"
Intellectual distraction??
It is a real situation at work. Not imaginary.
Me vs them mode ... This is what I am up against.
Okay be kinder to myself and I will be kinder to others ... grunts.
lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155447
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Dec.26.2013
05:38PM EDT 
vertical line Believe me, I get it. Adversity is heightened in work environments of this era. There is an interesting pradox in that we may be part of one another but through our/thier, lack of insight, do not see this, and thus continue with aggression. It is our work, not to feed this perception. The only reason we, I, become aggressive is if I see people who are separated from me and pulling all my resources away. There is a book I have not yet read, but because this discussion has come up before, it was reccomended. I don't have the full name and author at the moment, but now i am curious to go see if I can find it. It was Dharma in the work place or some such name...
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155451
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Dec.27.2013
09:19AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line It isn't a battle.
It isn't me vs them.
I understand that I can't change them.
I can only work on myself.
And in this way, I can change the world.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155462
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Dec.27.2013
11:12AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line we can not cover the world in leather to prevent thorns but we can wear shoes 
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155470
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.30.2014
07:56AM EDT 
vertical line Reintegrate with no more snow-bound blues! Yes, total reintegration is now possible thanks to Shoe-Ploughs. This revolution in zero-temperature footware means that when it snows you can walk wherever you want. Shoe-Ploughs are made with an inbuilt turbo caterpillar drive-train that sucks up the snow beneath your feet before spitting it out behind you. Simple as that!

[Says Polar Explorer: "I never go anywhere without my Shoe-Ploughs - even to the shops."]
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156328
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.07.2014
08:25AM EDT 
vertical line I see the frackers got here first.

Look at the view:

Before - natural wonder.
After - unnatural disaster.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156999
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from ---T e
Jul.07.2014
09:36AM EDT 
Email ---T e
vertical line ./\.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157000
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.07.2014
01:50PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "Believe me, I get it. Adversity is heightened in work environments of this era. There is an interesting pradox in that we may be part of one another but through our/thier, lack of insight, do not see this, and thus continue with aggression. It is our work, not to feed this perception. The only reason we, I, become aggressive is if I see people who are separated from me and pulling all my resources away. There is a book I have not yet read, but because this discussion has come up before, it was reccomended. I don't have the full name and author at the moment, but now i am curious to go see if I can find it. It was Dharma in the work place or some such name... "

I understand you more clearly now.
But, the senses are still there pulling at me
I have yet to let it all go.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157002
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.07.2014
02:47PM EDT 
vertical line Yeugh.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157011
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN CIRCLE
by Torei Enji
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s