history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Friday Nov 21 2014 01:59PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Gudo was the emperor's teacher of his time. Nevertheless, he used to travel alone as a wandering mendicant. Once when he was on his way to Edo, the cultural and political center of the shogunate, he approached a little village named Takenaka.... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: SOMETHING MISSING...BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT
vertical line Posted on Jan.15.2014 @ 12:15AM EDT by leoj99
Something missing.. but you don't know what...
So how can  you solve it that something missing.. but  you don't know what..

Even if you know everything about Emptiness, Oneness, Enlightenment.. Impermanence and all that...
But still there is something missing.. you can feel it.. but  you don't know what...LOL..

So how can it be solved if nobody knows it.. how can you ever solve what you don't even know.. you only know and feel there is something missing...LOL

So what will you do...

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.15.2014
02:10AM EDT 
vertical line Even if you memorize all the scriptures, the sutras, read the bible, do zazen, practice Zen... follow the eightfold path.. know all the .. noble truths by heart... the something missing always nags you... you may avoid it by talking and talking as if you know.. but it always comes up in your silent moments... the missing thing.. and you don't know what...LOL...LOL...lol
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155672
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.15.2014
02:11AM EDT 
vertical line Even of you talk all your life in Zen Forums.. and believe what others says.. still you don't know what... So what will you do...LOL..LOL...LOL..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155673
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jan.15.2014
07:13AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line nothing missing, I can't speak for everyone but here nothing missing all is exactly as it is and should be.

things as is, dragons head snakes tail
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155674
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jan.15.2014
07:28AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line I could probably use this brain to invent something to miss but it would just be an invention
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155675
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.15.2014
12:02PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line Give away all anger, greed and dependence on stimuli sensation and the power of giving helps you find joy and bliss with less effort everywhere as time disappears into dust .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155676
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.15.2014
02:23PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "Give away all anger, greed and dependence on stimuli sensation and the power of giving helps you find joy and bliss with less effort everywhere as time disappears into dust .

"

In my experience of emptiness ... There is no sense of something being missing... Contrarily it is a sense that everything is as it is unconditionally, however one of the traits of someone who has obtained insight is a sense of loneliness. It is from the realization that not everyone knows what you are speaking of....yet there are those who do.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155677
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Jan.15.2014
03:06PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line It's hard sometimes knowing what to say, and therefore Zen comes into place by allowing silence to take control of thoughts and words. So being within the Zen practice of silent beginning stills the mind, and the body becomes a tool for receiving a deeper and more original meaning, as it expands out into the everyday world.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155678
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.15.2014
04:30PM EDT 
vertical line Words are most definitely inadequate: please do not think that I imply anyone is incorrect. Words do not convey the experience
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155679
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.15.2014
06:03PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Peace expands your heart, your heart expands your body and your body is touching enlightenment right here, right now.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155680
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.15.2014
11:55PM EDT 
vertical line If words does not convey the experience so how come many are talking and talking in Zen Forums..LOL.. so what are they talking about..LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155681
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.16.2014
02:43AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line You know, I've took this so-called "Zen View" and tuned it into a realistic outlook. It has helped me holistically and in my overall walk in life.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155682
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from justin
Jan.16.2014
07:21AM EDT 
Email justin
vertical line Quote: "If words does not convey the experience so how come many are talking and talking in Zen Forums..LOL.. so what are they talking about..LOL "

in some places there are no temples, there are no monks, there are no Buddhists, in those places there are no Sanga and therefore no-one to talk about some things with. As human beings we have a mouth and we talk, it is what we do. So in the absence of access to like minded peoples some people talk online. (what is your reason ?, is it different to this ?)  I would like to hear about that. I ask gently because i know sometimes some people feel confronted by simple questions.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155686
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.16.2014
11:28PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I'll just go to the last word: Love.

I'll just throw it away, and there I am.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155689
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from urgent
Jan.17.2014
08:21AM EDT 
Email urgent
vertical line Everything is ok
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155691
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.17.2014
04:09PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The traditional definition of service is 'of the world.' The true definition of service is a 'way of being.' The difference is of [attention.]
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155692
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from urgent
Jan.17.2014
04:47PM EDT 
Email urgent
vertical line

:)

ok

[white be with you]

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155693
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jan.17.2014
07:05PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line A love,
Gift.

Withheld,
Upon me.

Thought had,
Now.

Am,
To be.

Mind's eye,
Watch.

Both,
are free.

Search for,
None.

Who,
But one?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155694
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jan.25.2014
05:53PM EDT 
vertical line I think that is why suffering is always there.. you have solved everything.. yet there is something that you have solved... because there is something missing yet you don't know what...LOL
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155757
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Riverstone
Jan.25.2014
10:00PM EDT 
vertical line Quote: "I think that is why suffering is always there.. you have solved everything.. yet there is something that you have solved... because there is something missing yet you don't know what...LOL

"

-Suffering exist because of our attachment to events or things being other than what they are. This is described in the Four Noble Truths.
- I am not seeking to solve anything.
- I do not have the experience that anything is missing.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155764
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Apr.20.2014
08:52AM EDT 
vertical line Got Dead Sea Scrolls for you
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156226
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this BUDDHA, PHAN, THAILAND
by Mark Standen
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s