history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Thursday Oct 23 2014 02:32PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day when the Buddha was sitting on grasses in a grove, a little deer
came about very close to him and showed its friendliness. The Buddha first
was> dearly to the little deer a little bit, then he grasped a little stick next to
... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: NO
vertical line Posted on Feb.06.2014 @ 02:22PM EDT by so_teh
Address everything with no.
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email so_teh
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.06.2014
03:56PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line "No" is the only expression that is. Everything else is your karma.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155817
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.06.2014
04:24PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I have nothing else to add to this forum. See ya.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155818
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.07.2014
02:03PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I am not antisocial but extremely unsocial. I do not seek for company or relationship with others. I have a great ability to share with others if the situation arises but I'm not going to initiate anything. I work good with others but have never had a job in my life. I am kind and loving but have never approached someone for a romantic relationship. I spend most my days by myself in my quiet house or outside for a solitary walk. I am truly nice to others and accept everyone as he/she is but I have no intent to become interested in "what they do." I keep the TV off during the day, and the radio off while in the car most of the time. I enjoy seeing others faces and their expressions of joy, sorrow or otherwise. I don't compare myself too or judge others, gossip or get involved in drama, jealousy, envy or confrontation. I have no expectations for the people I am close to as my family and long term friends that have been in my life. I would rather listen to someone tell a story or speak of their experiences instead of talk about myself. I wouldn't say I am content but rather discontent which entails the potential for growth and discovery. I have a strong confidence in my own capacity to be present and awake in each association I have with someone which I believe creates in the other a general sense of sincerity in our interaction. I do small things such as cooking, cleaning, making tea in a mindful way that supports my gratitude for the endless causes and conditions that make these things possible. I tend to be thoughtful of my thinking throughout the day which invites a kind of silence that fills my experience. I have watched the many changes in myself, others and my surroundings seeing the whole speculate of wonder, beauty and suffering around me. I don't believe in equality but instead equanimity. On the ground of communication into communion and finally union we each exist in a way that is selfish and altogether beyond the self, simultaneously. Unfortunately it isn't a question of contributing to society but being a piece in the whole process and finding unlimited friendliness within oneself.

I really have nothing else to add here, but I may be around.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155819
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.07.2014
02:14PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line am working on a 2500 piece jigsaw puzzle, and oh, om, ... slowly getting to completion
oh, om... got it second hand, so not first one, or only to give, and get, peace from solving  it
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155820
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.07.2014
04:15PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The sun just opened up through the clouds, a shining between the trees, seeing light through my eyes, don’t know if it comes from within or without, but bright and gone like that.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155821
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.07.2014
04:24PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Snow is tumbling from branches, my mind must be on the move.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155822
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Woodsman
Feb.08.2014
03:04PM EDT 
Email Woodsman
vertical line There is a duck, a Greater Scaup duck sitting on the snow pile out in front by one of the bird feeders. Just sitting on the snow like a pool of water.  "Quack quack ? "
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155824
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Feb.08.2014
11:28PM EDT 
vertical line You have never had a job.
How do you pay for your bills and food?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155825
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
11:45AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Social Security Disability Assistance and Food Stamps. I live with my Mother. I pay the cable bill and internet. And rent. I pay my car insurance. And whatever else is needed. I've been on SSI for 10 years because of a diagnoses when I was 15. Oh well, it could be worse.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155841
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
12:01PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Money isn't the issue. Lol.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155842
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
12:15PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line My attention or mind is like a river flowing in the darkness, now. So, you know what that means, I have to navigate with mindfulness. Mindfulness is my energy, now. There is a difference between ordinary energy and mindfulness energy. They don't get it yet until they can scientifically prove it. Until then, I watch and wait.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155843
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
12:32PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Haha! It's funny. Because I am aware. And knowledgeable on awareness. But I can't do anything with it that pays me to do anything with it. So I'm just waiting, maybe I'll see an opportunity to work, train, and do something in service to others. Who knows? I'm not worried about it as long as I'm kind. And I am.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155844
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
12:38PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Kind enlightenment is the answer.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155845
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Feb.10.2014
03:19PM EDT 
vertical line If that is your dream than you should pursue it whole heartedly, there are plenty of study options that can help you fullfill that dream, and perhaps one day you may make some extra money for you and your mother, and it might put you in a better position to help others to.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155846
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
07:20PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I just don't know. That's why I can't explain to anyone not even myself. That's that. I don't know.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155848
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
07:32PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I'm just waiting for my generation to get their stuff organised. They are working hard right now to get it together. Once it gets rolling and better established I going to find work under their expertise. That's what I'm thinking.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155849
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from cinchona
Feb.10.2014
11:26PM EDT 
vertical line We are all in it together my friend.

When i started a new job a few years ago, one of the old guys said to me "we all have to make decisions, and we're all going to make some bad ones, but the more you persevere the easier it becomes, and soon you will find your able to make more good decisions than bad ones"

experience is our only true teacher, quiet times to reflect on our experience is good as is a meditation that can help us be rid of our worries. Go with the flow.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155853
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Feb.10.2014
11:56PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Thanks cinchona. A smile to you.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 155854
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MONK IN SHAOLIN
by Isabel Munoz
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s