history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Saturday Aug 02 2014 04:35AM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day, when the brilliant Chinese Cha'n master Chao-chou was sweeping
the court of the monastery, a man asked him:
-Ch'an monastery supposed to be clean and pure. Why is there dust to sweep?
Chao-chou replied:
-It came... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: THE HEAVEN
vertical line Posted on Jun.09.2014 @ 03:53PM EDT by ---T e
What is done in heaven? Is there heaven in Zen Buddhism?(As far as I know there isn't)Or at least a smilar place?
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email ---T e
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jun.09.2014
05:08PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line

No. It's how love seals your fate. For years. So, the way I look at it is hate transcends love, therefore I am beyond love. You can call it a hater. But there is no name for what is beyond. The fact that love is a winning entity is the reason I am a hater. But it's not actually hate. It's just beyond, and I am that which is beyond winning and losing. Few know this. And the fighter/lover dualism starts. I will not tolerate it.

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156735
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.09.2014
07:33PM EDT 
Email Phil Space
vertical line ... Hooray
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156738
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jun.09.2014
11:12PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line cheers
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156740
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.11.2014
12:12PM EDT 
Email Phil Space
vertical line Ok, so how are we going to work out if there's a heaven? Well you could just say that a + x + bx2 = 0 and leave it there or you could measure it on the 24-dimensional Leech lattice - this can be expressed using Buffon's Needle as:
H/175,000,000 + 1,000,000/5,000,000 + 10,000/650,000 + 100/19,000 + 100/12,000 + 7/700 + 7,360 which is to say wow what a bargain.

Now let's get on with some of the more straightforward problems like: is there a God? If you're using the standard p>0.5, then the answer is obviously yes. But don't take my word for it. Look at the probabilities. As you know from the Boylais's postulate, every straight line is a curve and every curve is a straight line and if you add everything up [75% x 1,000 + 24% x {-200) = 750 - 50 = 700] there's more likely to be a God than not, especially if you employ Pascal's Wager. Look at the sequence: GGGGGG and GRRRRR - one looks more uniform, the other more random. Except they both have the same probability of arising. Weird? Uncanny? No not really - neither sequence was random because I wrote them both down.

Now, if you'll excuse me I've got some courgettes to plant out.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156757
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jun.20.2014
07:32PM EDT 
Email Phil Space
vertical line Tomorrow Never Knows
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156800
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this WORLD RELIGIONS - BUDDHISM
by
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s