history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Jul 29 2014 04:54PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  Suiwo, the disciple of Hakuin, was a good teacher. On a certain day a certain pupil came to him, and Suiwo gave him the problem, "Hear the sound of one hand." The pupil remained three years, but could not pass the test. One night he came... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: DEBATE WITH MASTER OF BUDDHISM
vertical line Posted on Jun.29.2014 @ 06:36AM EDT by *CSEe*
I am looking for any teacher or Master that currently teaching Buddhism for debate on many topic in Buddhism solely for my own learning process . If any master willing to debate with me kindly let me know by my email : fomains@gmail.com or we could debate in here ..
Thks
CSEe
malaysia
Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email *CSEe*
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jun.30.2014
08:51AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Buddhism is not about debate.
It is about learning one's true self.
To actualize this fact.
Book knowledge and debates are for scholars.
Buddhism is for living meditation
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156847
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.01.2014
11:51PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Buddhism is not about debate.
It is about learning one's true self.
To actualize this fact.
Book knowledge and debates are for scholars.
Buddhism is for living meditation
"
Hi Avisitor , how are you ? So long never hear from you ........in my current understanding, in principle yes , Buddhism is a natural process of self realization ......and all kind of learning method or material is just a tiny part of this process ..........and Buddhism is much-much more beyond knowledge , beyond experiencing and one will travel in this natural process not by choice but one is always free to choose it path...but regardless what is one path is always in this process .........meditation or any kind of practices is just a tiny part same as debate ........Buddhism is to my current understanding is realization on own existence , cause of own existence so if one creates intention or desire to do something or hoping to gain something perhaps in meditation ...this will lead into creation of more emotion , more emotion is perhaps will lead to longer journey into self realization ...dear Avisitor , your are a teacher to me and perhaps for years I hope to debate with people like you for my own learning process and I hope you could find reason for debate with me ....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156866
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.02.2014
09:56AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Please look at the life and history of the Buddha.
It is not filled with debate.
He went to the Bodhi tree and sat there in meditation.
He meditated until he had the actualization of full enlightenment.

You insist upon your desire to debate with masters of Buddhism.
That is for scholars and intellects.
And it will never lead to the actualization of awakening. Sorry.

Real Buddhism isn't about concepts and thoughts.
It is the actualization of the truth of ones nature.
Drop the the thoughts of who you are and who you believe yourself to be.
Realize the emptiness and form are the same
And that you are this too.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156867
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.02.2014
10:13AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Please look at the life and history of the Buddha.
It is not filled with debate.
He went to the Bodhi tree and sat there in meditation.
He meditated until he had the actualization of full enlightenment.

You insist upon your desire to debate with masters of Buddhism.
That is for scholars and intellects.
And it will never lead to the actualization of awakening. Sorry.

Real Buddhism isn't about concepts and thoughts.
It is the actualization of the truth of ones nature.
Drop the the thoughts of who you are and who you believe yourself to be.
Realize the emptiness and form are the same
And that you are this too.
"

Dear Avisitor , is great you responded to me and surely along the way I will learn as learning is part of Buddhism , not by choice but is natural to my current understanding so dear sir , please stay and continue argue or discuss or give your views ........
So back to your reply , in my current understanding there is no referral to what Buddhism should or should not be ...Buddhism to me is all about own realization so Siddharta had his factor of realization and so will you or me ...but by attached or creates faith to what Buddhism should be or to creates desire to imagine Buddhism is actually increase emotion and this will lead into longer journey into self realization ..........debate for me is the best way in internet for exploration of own emotion ...dear sir , we are on line in internet dont you realize that ? .......
Knowledge is part of the learning process and not limited to scholars and intellects...is part of the process but if one creates faith on his knowledge regardless the source of the knowledge whether from text or experience or meditation in my current understanding this will also lead to longer journey .....
Dear Avisitor , perhaps if one creates desire to drop thought or to avoid certain kind of awareness perhaps this is also will lead into longer journey ........Buddhism is a natural process of self realization and perhaps by realizing it one will just awake and aware , aware and realize , realize and accept , accept and further aware without creates emotion to hold on to any beliefs or faith or expectation ..........that my view currently .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156870
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.02.2014
12:33PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I point to Buddhism and you look at my finger and want to debate what my finger means??
You miss what is important.
You can continue this way forever
Or you can do the work, sit in meditation.
Practice everyday for one year with a teacher and sangha.
Give it a try and learn from the experience
Cause ultimately, experience is more than book learning or debate.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156874
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.02.2014
09:59PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Dear Avisitor, what makes you feel that you are pointing at Buddhism ? and what makes you feel that the finger is yours ? ..........perhaps Buddhism is the "pointing" or the " emotion for owning the finger".....or your emotion of faith on what your faith of Buddhism.........

Dear Avisitor , sorry in advance after 5 years actively in internet I have too many reason to say that many teacher / monks always have faith in what they experience during meditation and this experience had shaped them into ego , proud with desire to teach others and refuse to learn from others......dear Avisitor , in my current understanding , all kind of knowledge , experience is just a tiny part of Buddhism so if one stop at faith on their experience this perhaps will be a limitation to own self realization .......dear Avisitor , if you have beliefs or faith of Buddhism or what you claim as truth lets debate with me ........sincerely I will learn from our debate .......I have limited knowledge of what being accepted by many as " Buddhism teaching" but I could only share of my realization of my emotion and this I currently of the opinion that fit in Buddhism concept ...lets debate on your thought or experience of what is Buddhism or truth shall we ?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156877
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.02.2014
10:40PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I am sorry.
I can not help yhou.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156878
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.02.2014
10:53PM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "I am sorry.
I can not help yhou.
"

Dear Avisitor , sorry in advance I never ask you to help me , to me if you created a desire "to help" me that will increase your emotion and this will lead you into longer journey into your own realization ...Buddhism is a natural process of realization of emotion and as we travel into this realization our emotion will naturally decreased ...not increase but if you created more emotion and this will lead you into longer journey ..........but by awaken to Buddhism concept , we will natural not having any intention to resist or to follow any new awareness ...all happening will be learnt even without noticing it ............I really hope you stay and debate with me because you have faith in your meditation and because of this you have reason to challenge my view even your own faith ...so lets debate and I hope many teacher out there could debate with me ,
Sincerely
CSEe
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156879
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.03.2014
12:47AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line I don't know why you take everything the wrong way.
But, good luck to you on your journey.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156880
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.03.2014
01:26AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "I don't know why you take everything the wrong way.
But, good luck to you on your journey.
"

Dear Avisitor , why you have faith on "right" or " wrong" ? human culture had defined what is right and what should be wrong and for that we will continue to argue of it over and over again as human culture is full of ego , pride and confused over own faith ......you have faith in your experience and perhaps that give you reason to claim the truth and understand what truth should be .......I am not at same agreement with you on this , to me there is nothing right or wrong in awaken to Buddhism concept as in my current understanding , Buddhism is beyond culture , beyond right or wrong , beyond true or false and beyond good or bad ......so if you created a faith of what is right and what should be wrong , this will limit your exploration / discovery even could lead you into longer journey into your self realization .......so lets debate on what you think I wrong and share your thought on what should be the right ....I am always welcome your thought and give reason to challenge my own opinion .........luck is in human culture / understanding as in Buddhism concept as what I currently understand , everything happens is Buddhism , not by luck , not by choice , but is a natural process into original condition .......
Dear Avisitor , frankly I am hoping to debate with someone like you and lately there are no one that interested to debate with me .....and after so-so many experiences , I dare to say that one of the apparent reason is many teacher finding hard to teach me but feel being challenged .....so this makes them lost interest in me perhaps they prefer to teach someone that just listen to them without questioning ........last month there was a teacher asking me to leave his website because he said that many member there starting to confuse over own faith after debating with me .....I told him that confusion is a great learning process as we will explore more areas ...but he admitted to me that after 45 years having faith in what he believes , he refused to change .......dear Avisitor , this is common incident happening in human culture .......but I really hope I could find any master that sincerely wish to debate with me without any intention to teach me .....
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156881
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from leoj99
Jul.03.2014
02:20AM EDT 
vertical line Dear Avisitor...LOL..
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156882
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from *CSEe*
Jul.03.2014
03:57AM EDT 
Email *CSEe*
vertical line Quote: "Dear Avisitor...LOL..

"

Dear leoj99 , I hope you could have more to share with me .
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156883
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.03.2014
05:43AM EDT 
Email Phil Space
vertical line Dear Master[s] of Buddhism ... hahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 156884
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this MEIJI SHRINE
by Andre Kertesz
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s