history principles practice stories, books, media discussion forum organizations resources
zenguide.com logo

Tuesday Nov 25 2014 07:17PM ET
º login º register º email º guestbook º printer friendly
grey dot
  One day a Vinaya master asked a Zen master:
-How should one practice Tao?
The Zen master replied:
-Eat when you are hungry, sleep when you are tired.
The Vinaya master said:
-Most people do that.
The Zen master... continue...

z
e
n
menu left history menu spacer principles menu spacer practice menu spacer zen media menu spacer discussion forum menu spacer organization directory menu spacer resources  
login
  DISCUSSION FORUM
» topic list   » start a new topic   » my tracked topics   » view topic
grey dot

horizontal line
→→→→ vertical line TOPIC: LIVING BY THE HEARTS RULE
vertical line Posted on Jul.07.2014 @ 04:22PM EDT by so_teh
The Process - make use of this life of leisure and opportunity.

The Way of Allowing and Abiding - cooperate with one another.

The Inner and the Outer - don't lose your centre.

Things As-It-Is - accept things as they are.

Being - be free where you are.

Possibility and Uncertainty - whatsoever happens, happens.

Living as Truth - wherever you go, go with all your heart.

Go to Latest Reply   Reply to this Topic   Email so_teh
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.07.2014
04:45PM EDT 
vertical line I call it the Rose.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157017
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.07.2014
06:34PM EDT 
vertical line She Sells Sanctuary
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157018
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.11.2014
12:28AM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line Zen
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157052
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Jul.11.2014
08:44AM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line How does one get to Nirvana??
Practice, practice, practice ... hahahaha
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157054
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.11.2014
01:05PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line It'll be what it'll be. If nirvana means extinction, then we can look to a future of Zen. But not yet, not just yet. Just Continue your practice, however you want.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157055
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.17.2014
07:18AM EDT 
vertical line Everything is not awesome
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157118
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.22.2014
09:23AM EDT 
vertical line Okay, so who didn't sign the petition?
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157165
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.22.2014
12:49PM EDT 
vertical line Write on. The Heart.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157172
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.26.2014
12:07PM EDT 
vertical line Owed T'Alex
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157224
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.29.2014
12:46PM EDT 
vertical line Kabbalistic

vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157285
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.29.2014
09:18PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line The ops theory is Kabbalaistc? Dare to get a word in edgewise about Zen. It cannot be done. Even sitting practice cannot be established. Even tea is just tea. Zen is the ultimate nonprofit religion. Ultimately, you profit nothing from Zen. Zen has one purpose, to break you down because of the utter uselessness it is. Subsequently, just to pick yourself back up again. What is ironic this happens inevitably, Zen or not. Zen is rendered to be the Greatest no purpose ever.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157291
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.29.2014
09:38PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I mean seriously, Thich Nhat Hanh wrote a book called "how to sit"
I've read it. How can something so mundane, so pointless-- so ridiculous, be written about, made money on and thrown in the circulation of nonreading-material, that inspires a false conviction that induces a state of apathy and laxity. The best thing that came out of the hundreds of books I've read on meditation was mere witnessing, and I ask myself, "what am I supposed to be watching, anyway?" And I realized I suppose to be watching the thing called nothing. So take it from me, you can become a meditation master, and throughout the whole process, the meaning is what you make it. And chances are nobody is going to listen to your word unless you're gifted in the art of exaggeration. So, get your glass of water, swallow that pill, and accept it as it is.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157292
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.29.2014
10:12PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line I'm not going to lie, words in these meditation book bring out good feeling, mental nourishment, and awareness. It all goes back into the void, back to reality. And even Zazen hasn't been anything but solitary me time with the occasional but momentary burst of endorphins. But let me tell you something about myself. 10 years back my whole attitude changed toward life, and the meditation philosophy refected that attitude. That's all good and peachy but what is it, anyway? I don't know. My attitude may not be perfect Buddha enthusiasm. But at least I'm alive, and I may not appreciate every little thing, yet I've learned to accept myself the way I am and take baby steps toward a future unknown. I'm an ordinary, maybe little self-concious, routine oriented, loner guy. But at least I live the best way I can, with the feelings I'm working with. I don't where I'm going in life. Hell, I have no clue what will happen tomorrow. I get up in the morning, and haven't had drive but for a loving woman, but even for that there is no get up and go, there is no seek for sex. Life is fine. But God is just a pixel in the Grand Scheme of things. I have nothing to rely on, honestly. I'm just, just just.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157293
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from so_teh
Jul.29.2014
10:34PM EDT 
Email so_teh
vertical line And what else, what is everyone else up to, running after, being excited about. Does it matter? Does it benefit mankind? Are they dreaming, just waking and dreaming and doing there job? Letting the waves and troughs take them away. I don't know. If I knew, If things were different in my life then they are now, would I be happier, more friendly, more interesting. Is there really a choice to be decided? Or beyond what I a fabricated about Destiny, is it simply coincidence, chaos, chance, emptiness. Who am I? But what does that question answer? Basically nothing, basically just an entertaining cause for more existential questions. Just more words, more philosophy, more mental noise. And what is in the news, the internet, the magazine's? Just a place where you can poor out your emotions, your anger, envy etc. Form an opinion, vote and feel like you made a difference. And money, what's the point if I'm just coming and going. Life to me is a full experience, no matter who you are or what you do or don't do. Whatever the mind thinks, thinks the mind. Even though I have something to say, I'm still breathing. So there's that. Any who, that's all for now.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157294
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Jul.30.2014
07:09AM EDT 
vertical line That's a kabbalistic cross received up there. What's the point of getting a word in anywhere about "Zen" if you're living by the heart's rule?

In the beginning was sound, a vibration that flows from "I" with the esence of "I" - a first word of undefined potential - so weigh your words and you weigh your heart.

I possess nothing and yet I have everything.

Stay alive, stay sane, you don't owe me anything.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157296
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.02.2014
09:43AM EDT 
vertical line Crazy
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157332
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Avisitor
Aug.04.2014
06:35PM EDT 
Email Avisitor
vertical line Quote: "I mean seriously, Thich Nhat Hanh wrote a book called "how to sit"
I've read it. How can something so mundane, so pointless-- so ridiculous, be written about, made money on and thrown in the circulation of nonreading-material, that inspires a false conviction that induces a state of apathy and laxity. The best thing that came out of the hundreds of books I've read on meditation was mere witnessing, and I ask myself, "what am I supposed to be watching, anyway?" And I realized I suppose to be watching the thing called nothing. So take it from me, you can become a meditation master, and throughout the whole process, the meaning is what you make it. And chances are nobody is going to listen to your word unless you're gifted in the art of exaggeration. So, get your glass of water, swallow that pill, and accept it as it is.
"
That isn't the point of sitting.
It isn't to become a watcher.
It is to be awareness itself.
No watcher, no witness.
It opens up the space of observed and observing.
This stuff is hard to talk about.
Don't be lax in your practice. It will come.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157380
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.04.2014
07:14PM EDT 
vertical line It's all yours to appropriate - so fill ya boots.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157382
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.04.2014
07:17PM EDT 
vertical line If he steals it, you won't know it's gone.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157383
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.10.2014
09:34AM EDT 
vertical line Gapless Mix.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157482
horizontal line

horizontal line
Reply from Phil Space
Aug.15.2014
04:12PM EDT 
vertical line Free as it lub-dubs.
vertical line Quote & Reply   Post Reply 157584
horizontal line

Back To Topic List   Go to Top of Page

SUPPORT ZENGUIDE.COM
If you are planning on purchasing any product from amazon.com, you can help us out by using the search box to the right or by clicking on this link to begin shopping.

Purchase posters, art prints, media (music CD & DVD)

buy this ZEN IRIS
by Pamela Gladding
Puchase this Item
More Art Prints & Media
Zen & Buddhism books

d
i
s
c
u
s
s