1. A Spiritual Journey to Myanmar
Architecture, Art + Culture, Art + Culture, Historical Travel, Literary Travel, Nature Appreciation, Pop Culture and Travel, Spiritual Travel, Temples and Churches, Trip Ideas, Solo Maureen Santucci, originally from the U.S., has made Peru her home for the past five years.
2. What do Buddhists believe?
HuffPost's Third Metric seeks to redefine success beyond money and power. As part of our ongoing series, we talk to Vincent Horn, co-founder of Buddhist Geeks, a media project that deals with the convergence of Buddhism, culture and technology.
3. Buddhism puts everything on show
From temple food to stationery items imprinted with Buddha characters, everything about Korean Buddhism is on display at an exhibition in Seoul, offering a glimpse of how the religion is evolving to cater to modern-day Koreans.
4. Voices of Faith: How do you reflect upon the birth of the Buddha into a Hindu family?
Lama Chuck Stanford, Rime Buddhist Center: It is true that the Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, was born into a royal family that practiced and studied the Vedic tradition .
5. Into the Heart of Life - Book Review
Into the Heart of Life by Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo is a beautiful and straightforward set of teachings based on talks given by the author in her many years as a Tibetan Buddhist nun and teacher.
6. Three Religious Quotations
"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend [a] personal God and avoid dogma and theology.
7. In Bhutan, Phallus Worship Revives Among New Generation Of Religious Followers
THIMPHU, BHUTAN - NOVEMBER 18: The village Chimi Lhakhang in the Punakha Valley with its temple, monastery is renowned for its fertility blessings, phallus or penis symbols, where pilgrims go for praying for children, fertility, on November 18, 2012 in Chimi Lhakhang near Thimphu, Bhutan.
8. Dalai Lama celebrates Tibetan New Year in Twin Cities
A Minneapolis sports center was transformed into the epicenter of Tibetan Buddhism on Sunday, when the Dalai Lama participated in his first Tibetan New Year's celebration in the western hemisphere.
9. Missouri State professor studies Buddhism in Sri Lanka
But it is. And that's one of the things that attracted Buddhist studies scholar Stephen Berkwitz to Sri Lanka in the first place.
10. Sri Lanka, Myanmar emphasize Asian solidarity in common international platforms
Mar 03, Colombo: Sri Lanka's External Affairs Minister, who attended the 14th BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting in Nay Pyi Taw in Myanmar, has underscored the importance of Asian solidarity with regard to a wide range of challenges confronting the region when he held bilateral discussions with his Myanmarian counterpart Mr. Wunna Maung Lwin Sunday.
11. Everyday Sublime
Stephen Batchelor, exponent of 'secular Buddhism' believes the Buddha gave the world a method to experience the sublime in everyday life.
12. Dalai Lama stresses that education is worthless without compassion
His Holiness The Dalai Lama attends The Lourdes Foundation 'Leadership in the 21st Century' Event at the California Science Center in Los Angeles, California.
13. Thai Buddhist monk vows to fight on even as protesters scale back
A young Thai man and woman are on their knees, their palms pressed in supplication to the saffron-robed Buddhist monk, an anti-government protest leader, looming before them.
14. Transforming ignorance to wisdom
The Buddha saw the world suffering and sought a way out of that suffering for all beings.
15. It's the Season
Most of you have probably never heard of Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado.
16. Bhumi Cakrawan: embodiment of belief in Thai architecture
Buddhism has been active in the territory now defined as Thailand for over a thousand years, and its presence has inevitably influenced all aspects of life, both spiritual and mundane.
17. New prayer flags tied ahead of Losar in Tibet
Believers of Tibetan Buddhism tie new prayer flags to a major flag pole in Dazhao Temple, Lhasa, to prepare for the Tibetan New Year, Feb. 26, 2014.
18. Enter the Mandala: Cosmic Centers and Mental Maps of Himalayan Buddhism
Mandalas are geometric maps of Himalayan Buddhist visionary worlds, created by and for practitioners of Vajrayana Buddhism , a system of meditation that is profoundly dependent on art and artists.
19. Dalai Lama meets with business sector at Santa Clara University
Attendees at the public talk made their way past a cluster of demonstrators representing a long-standing internal disagreement within Tibetan Buddhism, and then passed through the security checks before joining the crowd that packed the Leavey Events Center on the Santa Clara campus.